Airsoft Training

This is a discussion on Airsoft Training within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anybody use airsoft guns for indoor/in-their-house training. I know that their are some threads on this but it has not been discussed rescently. If ...

Thread: Airsoft Training

Airsoft Training

Does anybody use airsoft guns for indoor/in-their-house training. I know that their are some threads on this but it has not been discussed rescently.

If so, what drills do you practice, what "toy gun" do you shoot, and do you feel that it is worthwhile.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

2. Remove Ads

I have a cheap mag fed springer model. It's the approximate size of a XD9 service. Can't think of the brand name off hand. Or which pistol it is supposed to be a copy an HK I think. I paid abotu $25.00 for it and a sticky target and 100 BBs.

I have been using it to get better at shooting with both eyes open and drawing and firing from a concealed holster. I want to next start working on draw and seeking cover then firing. Maybe set up a few different targets in the basement. I can't do double taps with it. But I can work on drawing, seeking cover, acquiring and firing the first shot. At some point I will get one of the gas guns. And I would like to find a like minded person to do some force on force training.

I have used them in force on force training in the past, and the best thing about it is that you are using a weapon that looks and feels like your regular duty weapon.

If used correctly and you stick to proven tactics they are a low cost training solution.
    Ranger Gunleather

If light rails were needed on handguns John Browning would have included it on the 1911.

Lead Moderator
    Works great for indoor pactice with light and gun use, as well as force on force training and tactics.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I have a Tokyo Marui Glock 26 Gas Blow Back for backyard shooting. It would make a perfect training tool for defensive shooting.

I have one of these that works pretty well for practicing holster draws as well as the famous 21ft knife charge.

http://rap4.com/paintball/os/series-...21_158_79.html

I recently bought a green gas SIG replica, but where I live, there's nowhere I can practice outdoors, really. For those of you shooting in the house, what kind of targets are you using? What does a pellet do to the walls? My wife does NOT want me shooting it inside, esp. with two cats around...doesn't want them eating the BBs...

I thought the airsoft would be a great way to practice moving/shooting and other techniques that conventional ranges don't easily facilitate...
    MD

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    My airsoft requires cycling the slide after each shot. I'm just afraid that I'll ingrain some bad training here.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

For an indoor target, use a large cardboard box about the size of a upper body and fill it with crumpled newspaper. If you are using a gas powered airsoft, it will penetrate the cardboard and stop in the layers of the crumpled paper. This keep the pellets off the ground and away from the animals.

The pellets can dint drywall to don't just shoot all over the room.

Airsoft gas gun.
    Duplicates my carry piece.
    Shot it so much the magazine lips wore and it started to double feed.
    Factory sent me a new one.
    Magazines are hard to get now.
    SD-KG-CASPIAN 45.
    I shoot into a 5 gallon bucket on its side with a towel within.
    You can get biodegradable pellets for the Airsoft, they're made of rice.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Quote Originally Posted by WJP9 View Post
    Does anybody use airsoft guns for indoor/in-their-house training. I know that their are some threads on this but it has not been discussed rescently.

If so, what drills do you practice, what "toy gun" do you shoot, and do you feel that it is worthwhile.
    I am planning on it, yes. I consider this type of practice much more important than what some people do to practice. IMO shooting something often is better than shooting one firearm a few times a month.

I havent decided on what particular airsoft gun I'll use. I've been busy looking at reviews (yeah, I look at reviews for those sort of guns, lol). In case you havent noticed already, some of these guns match "real" models of hanguns, and those are the ones I am looking at.

Practice wise, I plan to do the typical target shooting. Then, of course, room to room walking shooting (point shooting mostly). And if at all possible I will have somebody move the targets around in different places so I will learn to scan a room quicker. If at all possible I will be working on my first shots from a holster pull and see what I can do about acquiring targets quicker from a holster pull.

As you can tell, my focus on the practice will be point shooting, shooting alot, and most importantly the tactics.
    Beretta 92FS

Links