Pretty sure I was "made" today. - Page 2

Pretty sure I was "made" today.

This is a discussion on Pretty sure I was "made" today. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I try to keep concealed in public, but I stopped worrying about observant people catching a glimpse of my firearm many years ago. Most people, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Pretty sure I was "made" today.

Distinguished Member
    I try to keep concealed in public, but I stopped worrying about observant people catching a glimpse of my firearm many years ago. Most people, at least around here, don't seem to be overly concerned.

Last winter I was at a local shop getting new brakes on my truck. In the waiting room with me was a very nice lady, probably in her early-mid 70's. I got up to stretch my legs and she caught a glimpse of the XD-40 I was carrying and asked "is that a gun?" I fought the urge to say "no ma'am, I'm just happy to see you" and politely replied "yes it is". She started talking about how sad it is that mankind hasn't matured past the point where we feel the need to carry guns.... Just when I thought I had triggered an anti-gun speech, she continued to say that she supposed that even a most enlightened society would have its crazies and its wolves and that's why she wouldn't leave home without her .38! I was somewhat surprised, but extremely delighted by her statement. We had a wonderful conversation about guns, training, SA, politics and family until they pulled her car, with its new shocks around front and it was time for her to go.

No... I think I'd be more concerned about something peeking out of my nose than about an accidental exposure of something tucked in my waistband.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Used the restroom between Sunday School and the Worship Service and forgot to tuck my shirt in over the grip. Sigh. Beats trailing toilet paper, I guess.

No comments from anyone, and I'm guessing all I would have gotten would have been a snicker anyway. But it reminded me to be a bit more careful.
    But not near as funny!
    atctimmy likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum. I live in a state where OC is legal, so I don't worry about it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    As long as you were legal in the state you live in, I wouldn't give it much thought.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

To answer some questions: I live in the Midwest, open carry is legal, I am male, and as such sometimes our t-shirts tend to "shrink a little", hence the tight or short (i.e. easily ride up) statement. I am learning that most people will never notice. Still, I try my best to stay concealed if nothing else than for the tactical advantage, IMO.

In MN no need to conceal. If shirt rides up oh well. In 7years of carry no one seems to notice or care.

Mwal

Glad it turned out ok.

BTW I carry my LC9 in black hawk pocket holster

Maybe you forgot to close your "barn door" and your pony was peeking out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Got made once at Wal-Mart .... manager threw a fit called the police reported a man with a gun didn't care I have a permit intact informed me "Wal-Mart is a gun free zone" haha imagine my surprise. When all but the swat team showed up well after a good laugh and watching the manager get his ass chewed I left and kept my comments to myself

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    No worries being made just pull it back down and press on.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Pretty sure I was "made" today.
    th.jpeg

Michael
    Yetiman likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    So what. It is no one else's business as long as it is concealed in a responsible manner.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Honestly, I stopped caring about getting made a long time ago. I'll wear my G19 OWB on a windy summer day with just a T shirt over it. It's legal and I don't really have time for worrying.
    This is pretty much how I feel about it. Both OC and CC are legal here, so on the days that I bother to conceal, I don't typically go out of my way to ensure no one can ever make me.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Compared to the responses this thread would have gotten a year or two ago, it seems apparent that the culture is slowly changing.

VIP Member
    One either cares about having one's firearm exposed, or does not. I determined which category I fall into long ago, and govern myself accordingly. Others do the same.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links