Pretty sure I was "made" today.

This is a discussion on Pretty sure I was "made" today. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at my auto dealer today for routine service. I was waiting for my car in the dealer's lounge, figured I would use their ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Pretty sure I was "made" today.

I was at my auto dealer today for routine service. I was waiting for my car in the dealer's lounge, figured I would use their wifi to do a software upgrade on my phone. As I reached across my chair to plug my phone in to charge it, I could feel my sweatshirt and t-shirt ride up. I thought "no big deal, the other 3 or 4 customers are in their own little worlds, watching TV, reading, talking on their own phones, etc..." As I rolled back to my right, while adjusting myself, I noticed the older gent to my right. His eyes were as big as saucers and fixed in the general direction of my LC9 at my 4:00 in an IWB holster! I decided to not make a big deal of it, and apparently so did he. As this auto dealer is in one of the most "LEFT" cities in the area, I was expecting a confrontation. I had already decided that my response would lean towards the pleasant and educational rather than the "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" side. Instead nothing else happened. I've only been carrying 1 1/2 years and as far as I know, this is the first time I had been "made". I generally practice good concealment. No bending at the waist, no reaching overhead, no tight or short shirts and so on.

Welcome to the forum. Everybody gets made at some point. I OC and CC, so I don't really care too much if I get made.
    pfries, Jollymann and ArkhmAsylm like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Glad no one got belligerent. He prob had one in his wb:)
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

What state are you in?
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

It happens to all of us at one time or another. Glad it didn't become a big issue.

Welcome to the fourm! Like Badley stated, many of us get made at some point...... it's happened to me on a couple of occasions. Generally no big deal.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Welcome aboard.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Used the restroom between Sunday School and the Worship Service and forgot to tuck my shirt in over the grip. Sigh. Beats trailing toilet paper, I guess.

No comments from anyone, and I'm guessing all I would have gotten would have been a snicker anyway. But it reminded me to be a bit more careful.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

VIP Member
    Honestly, I stopped caring about getting made a long time ago. I'll wear my G19 OWB on a windy summer day with just a T shirt over it. It's legal and I don't really have time for worrying.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum. Just curious as to what your "pleasant and educational" response would have been...I'm still trying to come up with something to say just in case an interaction becomes unavoidable. I've been thinking about possibly saying something like, "there's no reason to worry, it's legal."
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Everybody gets made at some point. I OC and CC, so I don't really care too much if I get made.
    Hear, hear. Carry on...as you were.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    good made getting out of my wife little sports car about a year ago, as with most I quit worrying about it long ago and quit checking to see if I was showing, but exiting my wife's car going to smash burgers and noticed a couple of people leaving and looking and pointing towards me, and as I approached the door the reflection revealed what they were excited about my glock 23 ...Don't worry aobut and keep carrying...it happens to everybody sooner or later cant wait till Nov 6 to try open carrying in Ok
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Honestly, I stopped caring about getting made a long time ago. I'll wear my G19 OWB on a windy summer day with just a T shirt over it. It's legal and I don't really have time for worrying.
    Amen. Most folks reckon me for a cop if I get busted. I don't care. Most generally open carry on the way to the range, with a quick stop at the store for a Powerade. Last time the girl asked me how the cop biz was. She did turn a bit pale when I answered "No idea."

These things happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm View Post
    I was expecting a confrontation.
    If I'm legal and some nosy customer has an attitude and decides to call me out? Personally that would agitate me, but I'd do my best to neutralize the situation as fast as possible. I might say something to the effect of, "I'm legal, everything is fine".

I had already decided that my response would lean towards the pleasant and educational rather than the "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" side. Instead nothing else happened.
    The "pleasant and educational" is a good plan. If you can't recruit someone, at least don't make them more anti. If it begins to sour, I'm certainly capable of making a "none of your business" statement, but I'd do my best to sit there smile and ignore them.

no tight or short shirts
    My visual image is conflicted. Guy or gal ?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links