Gunbuster Signs - Page 2

Gunbuster Signs

This is a discussion on Gunbuster Signs within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by velo99 Property rights coincide with gun rights. If you don't like the rules go somewhere else. As supporters of 2a we should ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Gunbuster Signs

Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    Property rights coincide with gun rights. If you don't like the rules go somewhere else. As supporters of 2a we should know better than any other group the importance of individual rights like this. When this pops up I just smh and wonder what you guys are thinking.
    yes, it is interesting how one could be soo committed to one form of individual rights while at the same time easily roll their eyes at another form of personal freedom.

interesting to say the least.

my land, my property, my rules. Seems pretty clear.

StarPD45
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    I live in NYC, and the only time I have EVER seen a "no-guns" sign in an establishment, was in Virginia. :)
    Been to the Empire State building recently?

Quote Originally Posted by StarPD45 View Post
    Been to the Empire State building recently?
    naaa...Top of the Rock has a much better view and much larger viewing area.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    You ordered the pizza, then when you found out they didn't allow guns you backed out on the deal?

I'm all for boycotting, but you should have honored the deal you made with them, and then not gone back. Next time you order out ask the place if they allow guns if you feel so strongly about it. Don't set the owners back because you were ignorant to their position.

Just sayin'
    Kinda hard to honor it when, as it sounds, he was already armed.

I'm with the OP in that if I order something from a business that I have to go to to retrieve, but I don't know their 'rules' until I get there, then I'm not going to choose a comprimise of my safety over honoring my deal.

If they feel so strongly about negating their patron's right to safety, then they have the responsibility - rather than the new patron - to communicate their policy over the phone, or at the very least on their web site.

That's my take on it.
    Phillep Harding likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Order it delivered or ask them to bring it out to you as a compromise.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

good pizza is good pizza. :)

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I'm all for boycotting, but you should have honored the deal you made with them, and then not gone back. Next time you order out ask the place if they allow guns if you feel so strongly about it. Don't set the owners back because you were ignorant to their position.
    He didn't back out, they wouldn't let him in to complete the deal. No need to advertise personal habits. The owner(s) set himself back due their ignorance.

I live in NYC, and the only time I have EVER seen a "no-guns" sign in an establishment, was in Virginia. :)
    That's like a desert nomad saying the only time he's seen water is in a cup.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    Kinda hard to honor it when, as it sounds, he was already armed.

I'm with the OP in that if I order something from a business that I have to go to to retrieve, but I don't know their 'rules' until I get there, then I'm not going to choose a comprimise of my safety over honoring my deal.

If they feel so strongly about negating their patron's right to safety, then they have the responsibility - rather than the new patron - to communicate their policy over the phone, or at the very least on their web site.

That's my take on it.

His post stated he went in to pick it up. He could have paid his 15 bucks (or whatever) and then told them they've lost his business. Or left his gun locked in his car for three minutes. As I stated, I'm all for boycotts. But I don't think it helps our cause when the owner of an establishment is engaged in the debate by a guy that refuses to pay for his order, which sets the owner back in labor and material costs. Somehow I don't think that will persuade the owner to change his mind, and it makes us who are in favor of carrying look like jerks.
    Ksgunner, Brad426 and Rotorblade like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    While I wholeheartedly disagree with that the reason for my post was simply to inform others about the sign in that particular store, not to start a debate. Please save your lectures for someone else.
    Your unedited post was looking to start a discussion on the subject. Sorry if my response didn't fit the answer you were looking for.
    Brad426 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Your unedited post was looking to start a discussion on the subject. Sorry if my response didn't fit the answer you were looking for.
    Agreed, and there was no reason for his snippy response to you.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    I really don't give a diddly bleep about what you think I should have done.

Just sayin
    Then maybe posting on a public forum and asking for debate isn't for you.

Just sayin'.
    lyz_grace, bmcgilvray and wmhawth like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Then maybe posting on a public forum and asking for debate isn't for you.

Just sayin'.
    We should be thankful, Brad. He's here to share his wisdom with us and wants absolutely nothing in return
    Brad426 and wmhawth like this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    "We need a thread to discuss the 2nd Amendment and the right of businesses to post gun buster signs." Seems like a debate starter from here.
    We really don't need another one of these threads. They always degenerate into two sides neither or which will change.

yes, it is interesting how one could be soo committed to one form of individual rights while at the same time easily roll their eyes at another form of personal freedom.
    Based on your posts in this thread, it is obvious how you are intending this statement to be taken. However, it works just as well the other way too.
    Personally, I in all likelihood would have failed to notice any signs, bought the pizza and then never patronize them again. Whether or not I would bother to notify them would depend upon my mood and how much I liked the pizza.
    Last edited by noway2; October 13th, 2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    We really don't need another one of these threads. They always degenerate into two sides neither or which will change.

Personally, I in all likelihood would have failed to notice any signs, bought the pizza and then never patronize them again. Whether or not I would bother to notify them would depend upon my mood and how much I liked the pizza.
    you attributed words to my post which are not mine. was that a mistake?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links