Gunbuster Signs

This is a discussion on Gunbuster Signs within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is a bit of info for AZ residence. Don't bring your handgun to Tailgaters pizza shop. They are one of the few holdouts in ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Gunbuster Signs

Gunbuster Signs

Here is a bit of info for AZ residence.

Don't bring your handgun to Tailgaters pizza shop. They are one of the few holdouts in AZ which have a gunbuster sign posted in the window. I ordered a pizza by phone the other day and saw the sign when I went in to pick it up. Told them to keep their pizza and told them why.

They have two locations that I know of in AZ. Litchfield Pk and Prescott. The only one I've been to is the one in Litchfield Pk so I can't speak for the Prescott store.

Tailgaters Sports Gill & Il Primo Pizza & Wings - The Food & Fun Starts Here!
    Last edited by Gladiator; October 12th, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
    Best
    Maximus Decimus Meridius

Retired SCPO USN
    NRA certified Instructor
    Arizona CCW instructor

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Actually it has been discussed before.

While we have a right as an individual to carry, we do not have the right to force that belief on others. A business, as a private entity has the right to not allow guns. If you elect to frequent a business that does not allow carrying, then abide by their rules, or find someplace to shop.
    Pythius and GunTrooper like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

My gun rights end at the gate of someone's home, business, or land.
    Ogre and GunTrooper like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    My gun rights end at the gate of someone's home, business, or land.
    Thankfully, in many states both one's right to be armed and property rights are seen to coexist, not one set of rights trumped by the other. They're implemented, in practice, via such signage holding no weight of law yet acknowledging trespass if refusing to leave if asked. One still has every right to remain armed, it's just that one doesn't have the right to ignore a legitimate property holder's right to ask one to leave for whatever reason.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Thankfully, in many states both one's right to be armed and property rights are seen to coexist, not one set of rights trumped by the other. They're implemented, in practice, via such signage holding no weight of law yet acknowledging trespass if refusing to leave if asked. One still has every right to remain armed, it's just that one doesn't have the right to ignore a legitimate property holder's right to ask one to leave for whatever reason.
    I live in NYC, and the only time I have EVER seen a "no-guns" sign in an establishment, was in Virginia. :)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    We need a thread to discuss the 2nd Amendment and the right of businesses to post gun buster signs.

Anyway, here is a bit of info for AZ residence.

Don't bring your handgun to Tailgaters pizza shop. They are one of the few holdouts in AZ which have a gunbuster sign posted in the window. I ordered a pizza by phone the other day and saw the sign when I went in to pick it up. Told them to keep their pizza and told them why.

They have two locations that I know of in AZ. Litchfield Pk and Prescott. The only one I've been to is the one in Litchfield Pk so I can't speak for the Prescott store.

You ordered the pizza, then when you found out they didn't allow guns you backed out on the deal?

I'm all for boycotting, but you should have honored the deal you made with them, and then not gone back. Next time you order out ask the place if they allow guns if you feel so strongly about it. Don't set the owners back because you were ignorant to their position.

Just sayin'
    wingryder and Brad426 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'm not sure how the Second Amendment figures into the rights of private property owners.
    "Congress shall make no law"....doesn't affect what private-property owners do on their property.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Actually it has been discussed before.

While we have a right as an individual to carry, we do not have the right to force that belief on others. A business, as a private entity has the right to not allow guns. If you elect to frequent a business that does not allow carrying, then abide by their rules, or find someplace to shop.
    While I wholeheartedly disagree with that the reason for my post was simply to inform others about the sign in that particular store, not to start a debate. Please save your lectures for someone else.
    Best
    Maximus Decimus Meridius

Retired SCPO USN
    NRA certified Instructor
    Arizona CCW instructor

VIP Member
    While I wholeheartedly disagree with that the reason for my post was simply to inform others about the sign in that particular store, not to start a debate. Please save your lectures for someone else.
    "We need a thread to discuss the 2nd Amendment and the right of businesses to post gun buster signs." Seems like a debate starter from here.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    You ordered the pizza, then when you found out they didn't allow guns you backed out on the deal?

I'm all for boycotting, but you should have honored the deal you made with them, and then not gone back. Next time you order out ask the place if they allow guns if you feel so strongly about it. Don't set the owners back because you were ignorant to their position.

Just sayin'
    I really don't give a diddly bleep about what you think I should have done.

Just sayin
    Best
    Maximus Decimus Meridius

Retired SCPO USN
    NRA certified Instructor
    Arizona CCW instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    "We need a thread to discuss the 2nd Amendment and the right of businesses to post gun buster signs." Seems like a debate starter from here.
    You're right. I shouldn't have started off with that statement. I have edited my original post and deleted it.
    Best
    Maximus Decimus Meridius

Retired SCPO USN
    NRA certified Instructor
    Arizona CCW instructor

VIP Member
    I live in NYC, and the only time I have EVER seen a "no-guns" sign in an establishment, was in Virginia. :)
    There are virtually no legal guns carried by private citizens in NYC, so why would businesses there need to post?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

"Congress shall make no law"....doesn't affect what private-property owners do on their property.
    Oh, you mean like creating a pond in your back yard? Stocking that pond with fish, and then fishing without a license? Shooting an airgun?

Your unqualified (i.e., un-bounded) statement is flat-out wrong.

And if you confine it to just firearms, here's an example: In CT, if I own a handgun but don't have a permit, I can't even have the gun in my hand (legally) when I walk onto my front lawn.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Here is a bit of info for AZ residence.

Sadly, there are lots more "holdout" eateries in AZ that post the gun-buster sign. Here's a list put together by the good folks at Wilderness Tactical Products (the "Instructor Belt" people) - although I doubnt it is up to date: CCW-Unfriendly Dining Guide: Tactical Gear, Tactical Equipment, Duty Belts, Slings, USA
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Property rights coincide with gun rights. If you don't like the rules go somewhere else. As supporters of 2a we should know better than any other group the importance of individual rights like this. When this pops up I just smh and wonder what you guys are thinking.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links