CC'd for the first time today. - Page 2

CC'd for the first time today.

This is a discussion on CC'd for the first time today. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congrats on the new permit. As time goes by and you have carried more, it will become "second nature". You'll feel completely comfortable while carrying ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: CC'd for the first time today.

Congrats on the new permit. As time goes by and you have carried more, it will become "second nature". You'll feel completely comfortable while carrying and uncomfortable when you aren't!

And while I don't think it is necessary to do all the steps in the "official guide" to the Wally World Walk, wandering around a crowded WalMart will give you confidence that people are NOT staring at you or even aware that you are carrying. Besides, I would NEVER go to a WalMart if I WASN'T carrying!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    Um, I was joking about the Wally Walk thing, although I do think it's a funny running gag.

EDC is a Springfield XD40 Subcompact.

I see the declaration of the first CC on this site as a show of support for the CC community, and notice to wolves that their livelihood just got a little riskier.
    I have the same gun for my EDC. I got my permit a few months ago. I was carry at home and in my yard for years but I decided to get a CPL so I could CC.

Blanco 64: I think that since a lot of people did the same thing as you; Put in for a CC license AFTER the Joker Holmes business. Everything got backed up and delayed. When it happened I was happy to have already had mine in progress ahead of all the new applications.

Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    I see the declaration of the first CC on this site as a show of support for the CC community, and notice to wolves that their livelihood just got a little riskier.
    Maybe so. I doubt that many of the 'wolves' are on this site, however.

I may be jaded a bit, as I have been CCW since 1982 and we don't have to go through the classes, waiting, and high expense many do to carry concealed. It took me about 10 minutes to get my first permit ($10). It takes less than that to renew, but it has gone up to $25 in price.
    Jollymann likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jollymann View Post
    I think that since a lot of people did the same thing as you; Put in for a CC license AFTER the Joker Holmes business. Everything got backed up and delayed. When it happened I was happy to have already had mine in progress ahead of all the new applications.
    I called in June to make an appointment apply for a CPL. It took almost a month to actually be seen. I filled out the paperwork on July 19th and the Holmes business happened the on the 20th.
    Jollymann likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Maybe so. I doubt that many of the 'wolves' are on this site, however.

I may be jaded a bit, as I have been CCW since 1982 and we don't have to go through the classes, waiting, and high expense many do to carry concealed. It took me about 10 minutes to get my first permit ($10). It takes less than that to renew, but it has gone up to $25 in price.
    @bold: you'd be surprised. I mean, why wouldn't they be on this site? They use guns and this is the perfect place to constantly gain knowledge of different weapons, training, etc.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    @bold: you'd be surprised. I mean, why wouldn't they be on this site?
    Still doubt it happens.

But based on the mis-information in the currently running shotgun thread (not to mention others), I hope many of them are here and taking detailed notes.

VIP Member
    RE: Wal-Mart Walk

There actually is some value in the tired old notion of going to the Wal-Mart snack bar to get a plate of nachos (even though I don't know of any Wal-Marts with the snack bar anymore). Every single person I've met that was new to carrying worried about printing, about everyone knowing they had a gun, about being around people as they carried their gun. By walking through Wal-Mart you learn quickly that the masses couldn't care less about you or your gun. If someone does notice you printing they are probably "one of us" and nothing to worry about. No, it isn't the be all, end all of CCW but there is some merit in getting out around people and understanding that they don't know and don't care that you have a pistol strapped to you.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links