cc to a funerals

This is a discussion on cc to a funerals within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carried at my dad's funeral, so did my mom....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: cc to a funerals

I carried at my dad's funeral, so did my mom.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

2. Remove Ads

RMS
    I am a pastor in Western Kentucky and from time to time I am asked to conduct funeral services. I always carry when I do, whether in church or a funeral home. I also carry while I am preaching. I carry a Glock 30sf in a Crossbreed holster. When I see someone is going to hug or embrace I drop my arm in such a way that they must embrace above the gun. I have only had two people to ever touch the gun. Only one knew what it was and commented they liked it. Carry whenever and wherever you can.

Concealed is concealed. If you're not breaking any laws than why not?

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Heck...were do you think Zombies come from??? Duh.
    Caertaker and mrkurt like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Funny that you posted this today. I attended an unvailing. (Showing of the stone a year after a passing of a person of jewish faith). I was carry. My great aunt would want to know that the family was protected if something was going to happen.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they are on another planet after reading the initial post?

It's not like there hasn't been shootouts at funerals in the past.

If the funeral you're attending happens to be next to a funeral going on at the same time for some gangbanger that got shot up, I would sure hate to be in the middle of the crossfire of a rival gang shooting up the place for more victims of the opposing gang.

Now where I live, that's not going to happen. But it has happened before in areas which are plagued by gang warfare.

For what it's worth, my wife and I both have carried at several funerals. Most recently, my mother-in-law's funeral. Oh, and no one knew.

It's amazing how no one ever knows unless you decide to announce it to everyone. Or can't figure out how to keep your gun put away.

I suppose for many, carrying a gun is some big major event like the day they got married or something. For me, it's just another day. Getting up and putting on a gun is no more eventful than putting on a pair of socks in the morning.

I do however, go through a mental check before I leave the house. I do make sure I have my head in the game, and ensure that I am aware I am carrying a gun, and other tools and that I'm not complacent. My concern is geared more to realities of living in a dangerous world and not so much geared towards, "OMG, I have a GUN, is it okay if I carry such a thing? What will people think?"
    Spirit51 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I suppose for many, carrying a gun is some big major event like the day they got married or something. For me, it's just another day. Getting up and putting on a gun is no more eventful than putting on a pair of socks in the morning. I do however, go through a mental check before I leave the house. I do make sure I have my head in the game, and ensure that I am aware I am carrying a gun, and other tools and that I'm not complacent. My concern is geared more to realities of living in a dangerous world and not so much geared towards, "OMG, I have a GUN, is it okay if I carry such a thing?"
    QFT

But there are those in states where restrictions are so intrusive that they may have had to work harder, wait longer, and be burdened with more laws that in others.

I feel fortunate here in my state and feel more like you.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    QFT

But there are those in states where restrictions are so intrusive that they may have had to work harder, wait longer, and be burdened with more laws that in others.

I feel fortunate here in my state and feel more like you.
    True that. It does help living in a gun friendly state.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkurt View Post
    Is it proper cc to a funeral.
    It is proper to carry everywhere you legally can...except if it's your own funeral, but I'll probably ask my family to bury me with my EDC so I can be prepared for thr zombie apocalypse.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    People get emotional at funerals and many drink a lot. So it is best to have a gun in case you need to defend yourself.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    People get emotional at funerals and many drink a lot. So it is best to have a gun in case you need to defend yourself.
    I guess I better start carrying at my family reunions.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkurt View Post
    Is it proper cc to a funeral.
    If you're prepared to not be capable of protecting yourself and your family because others might think it's improper, since there's always someone who doesn't think it's proper to be capable enough then where are you going to draw that line?

Is a person any less likely to experience crime merely because the destination happens to be a gathering of many people who are seriously focused on what they're doing (and away from potential threats) at the time? What is it about going to/from that spot, or that spot particularly, that's so much safer?

IMO, "proper" is one of those things that gets people into sticky situations in the first place. Many feel safer at home, as if $10 in woodwork or 1/16" glass can keep invaders out; or, a quick trip to the corner store, lulled by the short duration within the neighborhood. "Proper" is a luxury for those who have nothing to lose, in this regard. And those waggling their fingers at you have little to lose by doing so. You do, potentially, if you acquiesce.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    The first funeral I went to after I started carrying, I couln't help but think about Night of the Living Dead. I texted my best friend and asked if it meant that I was a terrible person that I kept picturing zombies coming down the hill. His response was "probably, but that's hillarious. We'll pray for your soul."

Grandma would have wanted someone to be able to protect the family.

If it's legal, carry.
    Walk softly ...

I come with a gun. It goes everywhere it can legally go with me. At a funeral I also come to honor the deceased and support the living. What's the problem?
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links