Shooting at Someone Driving At You - Page 2

Shooting at Someone Driving At You

This is a discussion on Shooting at Someone Driving At You within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I had time to draw and shoot, I had time to get the (insert 4 letter word here) out of the way. The human ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Shooting at Someone Driving At You

RKM
    If I had time to draw and shoot, I had time to get the (insert 4 letter word here) out of the way. The human body is MUCH more maneuverable that a car. So if they're more than say, 20-30 feet away, getting out of the way should be simple. If they're closer... good luck. You're getting ran over... whether you draw you pistol or not.

Assuming you already had your gun drawn at a motorist (for a legitimate reason of course), and THEN they decided to come towards you, I believe shooting would be justified. However, I'd still choose to just get out of the way, depending on the cars speed and distance..... If the car is close enough that you can get out of the way, it will still have momentum, dead driver or not, and hit you. You'll need to move out of the way.... something you could have done in the first place.

Getting out of the way, if possible just makes sense to me.

I doubt if anyone carries a weapon with THAT kinda stopping power!
    If I could get my hands on some depleted uranium I bet I could load some.
    I can't move very quick so my only option may be try to kill the guy that is about to kill me or at least leave enough physical evidence to help the Cops find him
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    A recent (as in, 2 minutes ago) news story appeared stating am officer involved shooting of someone because they were backing their car towards the officer. As a Paramedic, I've also run on a call where someone rammed the officers car and the officer said if he was able to get the seatbelt off, we'd have been running a GSW instead of minor trauma.

This has me thinking: Has anyone ever seen a news story about a civilian shooting at someone in a car for apparently trying to run at them at a car? Or is it just one of those things where it's ok for the officer, but if a civilian does it, there's some esplainin' to do?
    Even in security we've had to do felony stops on vehicles, and had people consider trying to run us down. They think twice about it when they have several guns aimed at them, but they do think it over. We've had a few cases where they've tried, had one where a guy ran down an officer, and aimed for 2 more security guards in a club parking lot with his car. He was killed by fire from our security officers.

The trick is to aim the first shot a bit high on the glass, because the bullet will try to turn perpendicular to the angle of the glass (downward through a windshield(
    After the glass breaks from the first round, put the rest dead center. They won't be affected as much by the glass once the hole is punched through it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links