What do you think of Zombie Max?

This is a discussion on What do you think of Zombie Max? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mjblat A lawyer was interviewed on a local radio show and recommended not using it. The packaging states not for use on ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: What do you think of Zombie Max?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    A lawyer was interviewed on a local radio show and recommended not using it. The packaging states not for use on humans. Any good lawyer would use this against you.
    Is that before or after he chased down the next ambulance?
    smolck and Toorop like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by FPP777 View Post
    The pretty green tips will go well with the pretty red tips.
    I alternate them in my mags (green, red, green, red etc) for the Holiday season. I want bad guys to receive their just reward with the spirit of the season. :)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's like the stuff that keeps QVC going. Stuff for suckers.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Read an email over on XDtalk from Hornady about the difference between Critical Defense and Zombie max. They use a flash reducer in Critical Defense but not Zombie Max. Critical defense has a nickle coated case to aid in feeding, Zombie Max does not. Lastly they do ballistics testing on Critical Defense, where they do not on Zombie Max. They specifically stated that Zombie Max is target ammunition, and Critical Defense is defensive ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I alternate them in my mags (green, red, green, red etc) for the Holiday season. I want bad guys to receive their just reward with the spirit of the season. :)
    Damn, now I am going to have to buy a box to get in the holiday spirit.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

"Read an email over on XDtalk from Hornady about the difference between Critical Defense and Zombie max. They use a flash reducer in Critical Defense but not Zombie Max. Critical defense has a nickle coated case to aid in feeding, Zombie Max does not. Lastly they do ballistics testing on Critical Defense, where they do not on Zombie Max. They specifically stated that Zombie Max is target ammunition, and Critical Defense is defensive ammunition."

Thanks. That solves that. I will be buying something else for protection and maybe some zombie max just to make my son smile.

Zombie Max is Critical Defense with a different color cap. It is far down on my list of defense ammo. I like anything with the Barnes Tac-XP bullet (ASYM, Corbon, Black Hills). It is pricey for sure but what is your or your families life worth? It is the reason you carry, correct? Barnes bullets are made of solid copper, no jacket to separate. I carry it year round when stateside. However, I also like Federals HST ammo. Less expensive and almost as good.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

I like the pretty girl in the OP's photo!

I'd help her fight zombies all day!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Zombie Max ammo should only be used in guns manufactured to the strict Z-Project criteria, an industry standard for the manufacturing of guns specifically designed for zombie re-killing. Here's one example:

ruger%20zombie%20slayer.jpg

Improper use of Zombie Max ammo in a gun not manufactured to the strict Z-Project criteria may result in temporary death of humans and will not properly re-kill zombies.

You've been warned.
    sdprof likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I think that it is a lame marketing ploy on the part of Hornady. I even like the whole Zombie genre but I will keep fiction/fantasy separate from my real life self defense measures.
    Thunder71 and joker1 like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by wingit View Post
    Unfortunately
    The Zombie max is for Strokes. I can't believe you even asked. Its a joke bullet for fun. Its a party favor. Its a gag to leave in your desk for someone to find. It doesn't matter if its the same as critical defense. Its a mockery. Good luck to you if you wind up in court. The prosecutor will shove that cute little box right up the jury's nose to convince them what petoot you are.

Get serious, be serious, or don't carry.
    atctimmy likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullshark View Post
    The Zombie max is for Strokes. I can't believe you even asked. Its a joke bullet for fun. Its a party favor. Its a gag to leave in your desk for someone to find. It doesn't matter if its the same as critical defense. Its a mockery. Good luck to you if you wind up in court. The prosecutor will shove that cute little box right up the jury's nose to convince them what petoot you are.

Get serious, be serious, or don't carry.
    Exactly why I bought a box. Thought it was funny, and it's gotten a few laughs when friends see it on my bench.

I'll stick with Ranger-T in my EDC...

I admit I didn't read every post in this thread, but I will say that if you get into the whole "zombie" thing, just for the fun of it, then I say go for it. Just keep in mind that it isn't any different than Hornady's Critical Defense loads.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    I admit I didn't read every post in this thread, but I will say that if you get into the whole "zombie" thing, just for the fun of it, then I say go for it. Just keep in mind that it isn't any different than Hornady's Critical Defense loads.
    Nope, I guess you really didn't read the thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links