What do you think of Zombie Max? - Page 4

What do you think of Zombie Max?

This is a discussion on What do you think of Zombie Max? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, I've noticed a general consensus in this thread and others that we should limit the amount of 'lawyer flak' (for lack of a better ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: What do you think of Zombie Max?

Hello,

I've noticed a general consensus in this thread and others that we should limit the amount of 'lawyer flak' (for lack of a better word) our carry rigs have; Such as "for zombie attack" ammo and the Punisher skull grips from another thread. These things could be turned to shed a bad light on us in the case of a self-defense trial. One of the top carry ammo's I see people on this forum list is Federal HST which has 'Law Enforcement' in its title. Also on one end of the box is: "This ammunition is designed and manufactured exclusively for sale to law enforcement agencies." Is this not something that could be turned into 'lawyer flak' like Zombie ammo and punisher grips? I realize law enforcement only ammo doesn't carry the "shoot-em-up fantasy" of zombie ammo or "vengeance on those who deserve" of the punisher grip, but the box does make it sound that no civilian should ever be able to buy the stuff. Just wondering what everyones' thoughts are on this "LE only" ammo being used against us in a trial situation?

Quote Originally Posted by YahFargo View Post
    Hello,

I've noticed a general consensus in this thread and others that we should limit the amount of 'lawyer flak' (for lack of a better word) our carry rigs have; Such as "for zombie attack" ammo and the Punisher skull grips from another thread. These things could be turned to shed a bad light on us in the case of a self-defense trial. One of the top carry ammo's I see people on this forum list is Federal HST which has 'Law Enforcement' in its title. Also on one end of the box is: "This ammunition is designed and manufactured exclusively for sale to law enforcement agencies." Is this not something that could be turned into 'lawyer flak' like Zombie ammo and punisher grips? I realize law enforcement only ammo doesn't carry the "shoot-em-up fantasy" of zombie ammo or "vengeance on those who deserve" of the punisher grip, but the box does make it sound that no civilian should ever be able to buy the stuff. Just wondering what everyones' thoughts are on this "LE only" ammo being used against us in a trial situation?
    I think it could be twisted in a way to make you look bad. Like it or not, the general publics knowledge on firearms isn't great. They will see the law enforcement only stamp and assume it possesses some magical powers or something. The prosecution won't do anything to dissuade this perception. Will this or anything else mentioned be enough to convict you? No, probably not but if you're in an otherwise questionable shoot, it might be the final nail in your coffin. Why take the chance? My ammo says critical defense, so it's pretty obvious of its intended purpose. My carry gun is a plain stock gun without any laser sites AKA death ray or anything else besides the stock grips.

The entire reason we carry is for the remote possibility that we may need it. I carry plain stock with ammo labeled for defense on the even more remote chance I find myself in front of a jury.

What do you think of Zombie Max?

Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    A lawyer was interviewed on a local radio show and recommended not using it. The packaging states not for use on humans. Any good lawyer would use this against you.
    and even a crappy lawyer would retort with the fact that you fired them with the intent of killing someone anyway so who cares what the box says. they're bullets.

Our instructor told us never to buy anything like that because ,"that's some EXPLICITIVE you don't have to have to explain in court" if you ever end up in a situation where you need to defend your legal right to defend yourself.

as was stated above, they are bullets and they are made for the purpose of killing but anything that can be used against you will and a jury might get stuck on the name of the bullet. Why give anyone an extra thing to use against you?

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    I think is shows the absolute genius of Hornady's marketing department.
    If they advertise on the AMC show, The Walking Dead, I will completely agree with you!

Re: What do you think of Zombie Max?

Quote Originally Posted by FPP777 View Post
    Agree. The pretty green tips will go well with the pretty red tips.

Next thy will have Alien loads. Blue tip.
    I'll leave the zombie ammo in the stores, but I'd buy some Alien rounds in a heartbeat. I read the paperback versions of the Alien movies years ago, and it was explained that the bullets were explosive, like miniature cannon shells. I sure wouldn't use them for self defense (lawyers would have a field day) but they'd sure be fun for target shooting.

I haven't read all the posts, but Zombie Max and Critical Defense are not the same. Get on Midway.com and go to their ammo page. Zombie Max is loaded to 900 fps and about 333 ft lbs, whereas Critical Defense is loaded to 1000 fps and 411 ft lbs. For me, I like the Glaser Silver, loaded to 1350 fps and 587 ft lbs with a 145 grn bullet.

Not particularly fond of it...gimmicky IMO. I stick with Federal HST, Speer GD, or Winchester Ranger T.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ
    HK45c, Kimber Pro CDP II, Gen3 G19, Gen4 G19, Colt LE6920, Benelli SuperNova
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Re: What do you think of Zombie Max?

Would I buy a box as a gag type thing, maybe. Would I carry it in any of my weapons? Nah, there's better stuff out there.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    SuperRuger101 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YahFargo View Post
    Hello,

There are two sides to this (in bold). One side is that a lawyer could argue that these bullets are for LEO only. The other argument is that you chose them because they are used by and very popular with law enforcement. You would be correct in saying that many LEO agencies have a good track record with HSTs and that was why you chose them.

Can you explain why two different rounds for summer and winter? Thanks.

What's the best 9mm ammo to use at the range? The best to actually carry? Or, do you train with what you carry?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRuger101 View Post
    Can you explain why two different rounds for summer and winter? Thanks.
    This has already been answered twice in this thread.

BUT I'll be nice and answer it again. 2 different rounds so that the sumer round has max expansion and the winter round can penetrate heavy clothing.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRuger101 View Post
    What's the best 9mm ammo to use at the range? The best to actually carry? Or, do you train with what you carry?
    You shoot whatever you can get at a good price. You do not practice with the good stuff because it's too expensive. i do run at least 100 rounds of my carry ammo through a new gun though just to make sure it works properly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links