What do you think of Zombie Max?

This is a discussion on What do you think of Zombie Max? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Unfortunately I live in Illinois. So carrying isn't usually a big issue for me. But I am about to spend 6 weeks between Texas and ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: What do you think of Zombie Max?

Unfortunately I live in Illinois. So carrying isn't usually a big issue for me. But I am about to spend 6 weeks between Texas and Arizona. I plan to carry while I am there. What kind of defense bullet do you guys like? I was going to buy the zombie max just because of the marketing. As much as I want to be ready for Zombies there is a better chance someone will want my wallet not my flesh.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wingit View Post
    Unfortunately I live in Illinois. So carrying isn't usually a big issue for me. But I am about to spend 6 weeks between Texas and Arizona. I plan to carry while I am there. What kind of defense bullet do you guys like? I was going to buy the zombie max just because of the marketing. As much as I want to be ready for Zombies there is a better chance someone will want my wallet not my flesh.
    I believe it is the Critical Defense bullet and ballistically the same. I'm a Golden Sabers guy, so I don't know much about the load, but if you read up on Critical Defense that should answer your questions.

I like the box...Have a few,
    I have not yet but amgoing to break one down and compare it to the Critical Defense and Chrony a few when things slow down.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by wingit View Post
    I think is shows the absolute genius of Hornady's marketing department.
    pfries, rocky, pgrass101 and 17 others like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Speer Gold Dots for summer. Hornady Critical Duty for winter.

Senior Moderator
    I like Goldots, but to tell the truth any of the mainstream defensive ammo will do. Find one that will cycle and fire well out of your pistol.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I like any kind of hollow point round to be sure the target I fire at is the only one shot as many know with a standard jacketed round there is a chance of shooting through the target intended.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

I have critical defence in my LCP and in my Wife's LC9 and Critical Duty in my Glock 26.
    If zombie max is cheaper then CD I would buy it, but I wonder if I have to use it in self defence, will it come back to bite me in the butt in court.... I can see the headlines now. "Gun Nut shoots person with Zombie Bullets!"
    Michigan57 likes this.

VIP Member
    They all hurt when you are the receiver.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

An unnecessary gimmick for otherwise perfectly fine ammunition.
    blitzburgh likes this.

Agree. The pretty green tips will go well with the pretty red tips.

Next thy will have Alien loads. Blue tip.

I bought a few boxes of 40 S&W and have fired two boxes of them. The are mostly the same as Critical Defense except with brass instead of nickel plated brass and green tip instead of a red one. I'm a Speer Gold Dot, Remington Golden Saber, or a Federal HST guy myself. Both my pistols fire these round equally well. I have an XD 40 sub-compact that I tend to use Speer 180gr Gold Dot Short barrel but in case of an emergency I will load whatever I have.

VIP Member
    I carry Federal HST year around, in all my guns. The Zombie Max is nothing more than Hornady jumping on the catch phrase bandwagon.
    Katana likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

A lawyer was interviewed on a local radio show and recommended not using it. The packaging states not for use on humans. Any good lawyer would use this against you.

A buddy of mine carries it in his G19 and loves it. I had Critical Defense in my 1911 and G21 for awhile, but switched over to Double Tap awhile back.

I do have a box of Z-Max in 9mm & .45, as well as a box of .223 that stays with my "Zombie Hunter" AR. Gotta have the matching ammo, right?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links