trip to gas station got ugly fast!

This is a discussion on trip to gas station got ugly fast! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by F350 Can't help but have the old line from the movie "Patton" come to mind.... In college I studied Hapkido and got ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: trip to gas station got ugly fast!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Can't help but have the old line from the movie "Patton" come to mind....

In college I studied Hapkido and got my brown belt, but today I have 2 knees almost as stiff as 2X4s, they are so bad every year I have a product called SYNVISC injected using a needle the size of a medium mechanical pencil led run all the way into the ACLs and a rated loss of 25% of my right arm due to a full thickness tear of the rotator cuff; couldn't whip a 10 year old girl.
    I feel your pain . . . literally! But a 10-yr-old girl I think I can still whip--as long as we only go one round.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I feel your pain . . . literally! But a 10-yr-old girl I think I can still whip--as long as we only go one round.
    Its not the 10 year old girls you need to worry about, its the 6 year old boys.

NYC Gym Teacher Claims 6-year-old student beat him up

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    Its not the 10 year old girls you need to worry about, its the 6 year old boys.

NYC Gym Teacher Claims 6-year-old student beat him up
    If a six year old beats me up--it will go unreported! Just saying.
    carracer and kmagnuss like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

If a six year old beats me up--it will go unreported! Just saying.
    Especially with the size of the teacher. 5'10'' 220 pounds former college football player? trying to get disability?
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Always good when the GG wins and the BG goes to jail...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Especially with the size of the teacher. 5'10'' 220 pounds former college football player? trying to get disability?
    He is suing because he was not allowed to slap the brat into the middle of next week.

I almost got into a fight at a gas station once myself, and I've luckily learned to contain my anger somewhat over the years.

I had just finished pumping gas and my cousin was inside the store part, so I got back in the car and just waited. A car pulled up in front of me at the other pump and didn't move. All of a sudden the guy got out and said "Do you mind moving your ******* CAR?". I'm not joking when I say it took all my resolve not to get in his face, and all he had to do was ask nicely and I would've moved.

Another time years before, some asshat in a Corvette almost hit me while speeding through the islands at another station. I flipped him off, and he came storming in as I was inside huffing and puffing. The guy was like, 5'2'' and I just glared at him until he got really mad turned around and left.

People never try to attack me, probably because I look a little crazy. That's a good thing I guess, because I heard about all these other people getting attacked but it doesn't happen to me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    I almost got into a fight at a gas station once myself, and I've luckily learned to contain my anger somewhat over the years.

I had just finished pumping gas and my cousin was inside the store part, so I got back in the car and just waited. A car pulled up in front of me at the other pump and didn't move. All of a sudden the guy got out and said "Do you mind moving your ******* CAR?". I'm not joking when I say it took all my resolve not to get in his face, and all he had to do was ask nicely and I would've moved.

Another time years before, some asshat in a Corvette almost hit me while speeding through the islands at another station. I flipped him off, and he came storming in as I was inside huffing and puffing. The guy was like, 5'2'' and I just glared at him until he got really mad turned around and left.

People never try to attack me, probably because I look a little crazy. That's a good thing I guess, because I heard about all these other people getting attacked but it doesn't happen to me.
    Part in bold: That's the point at which you may well have forfeited any claim to self defense if violence
    happened.
    9MMare likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Thanks for sharing and I'm glad the outcome was good. As you say... The what ifs are scary. I myself... Can't risk geting in a fist fight or worse anymore. I'm only thirty one but I'm not going back in a wheel chair just yet after working so hard in rehab to be able to get where I am. I can honestly say... I would have drawn and fired as soon as I saw that knife. Pueblo has definetly gotten bad. My ex has family in Trinidad and pueblo. I've been hassled and yelled at for not giving change at gas stations like you also. Only differance was they walked away as they yelled. I don't understand why gas stations put up with it either.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Do not ever I mean NEVER get between a man and his copenhagen!

OP nice job and glad it worked out well for you and your family. Sadly I always got satisfaction from ear holing those that had it coming and going hands on can save you a lot of money and family grief like it did in your situation. Colorado as I'm sure everywhere is getting more dangerous everyday. I always hate when I have to go to Pueblo, Springs, or Denver.

I think you did the correct thing and I would have done the same. The problem in my view is disparity. He is a little guy and you are a trained big guy with lots of muscle.
    If you can take them out with a punch and get a chance I too would go for it and have in Law Enforcement senerios

Sent via Messenger Pigeon

glad thinks didnt turn out bad for you and bad bad bad for the bad guy.. you handled the situation very well.

Quote Originally Posted by jbonfadini View Post
    All I know is I grew up in pueblo I love it here and it's killing me to watch my home town slowly go down the toilet
    When enough good men like yourself are willing to stand up and defend themselves against the scum we can turn the situation around. You did good!

I've found that a polite but firm "Sorry, can't help you out today" works fine. Usually get an "Okay, thanks" in return, never received a rude or angry reply. And we get a lot of "requests" here in FL.

Not downplaying the guy with the knife one bit, but last time I checked, a panhandler is entitled to that same 22 feet as I am. I wouldn't be too quick to start pulling out weapons and throwing karate chops without positive indication of the need to do so. In view of recent questionable SD events, I'd prefer to have the preponderance of evidence in my favor. Last thing I want the alleged BG to say is, "Officer, all I did was walk up to him and he chopped me in the neck and pulled a gun on me."
    Thanks. I think you were elaborating on my point.

Cheers!
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Great news I guess the guy I beat down had been a problem at that gas station for a while..... to thank me the manage said I get all the free coffee I want !!!

As for the pepper spray comments I do know oc works very well but I'm not going to carry it its more of a hassle than its worth and being the wind blows in pueblo all Damn day myself my kids and others are subject to spray. If you have ever been sprayed you'll agree when I say I'd rather be lit of fire and thrown off a cliff.

Thanks again for the comments and support!
    Semper fi

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Links