trip to gas station got ugly fast!

This is a discussion on trip to gas station got ugly fast! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is what went down, myself and my two children had to make a dash to the local gas station to get a carton of ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: trip to gas station got ugly fast!

trip to gas station got ugly fast!

This is what went down, myself and my two children had to make a dash to the local gas station to get a carton of eggs and a can of cope.... 4 year old chews I know I know he's trying to stop ;).. anyway while pulling in I noticed a man sitting next to the trashcan on the side walk. I never have discriminated in my life people are people. But that does not mean I didn't feel check to make sure my 45 was not secure on my hip. I pulled into the parking space and unloaded my kids we bought what we needed and walked out. The man maybe 5'5 and 120lbs was asking the people parked next to me for money. Normal thing here so didn't think much. I loaded my kids into the car. And watch him as he made his way around to my side. he then asked for change I told him I only use debit cards and didn't have anything to give him and apologized he turned around and walked about 3 feet. Before turning around pulling in knife and screaming I was a liar. My kids being in the car I started walking backwards while reaching for my 45 at that point the store clerk open the door and said hey he turned almost completely around his mistake when he turn back toward me I hit him with a right hook as hard as I could he went down .....the police were called he was still out when they got there I didn't want to take a life I'm glad I didn't but for defending my children he will drink food through a straw for the next 3 months!
    I feel I made a good choice in the action I took I never want my children to witness a shooting .... besides I'm 6'1 and 245lbs of body building redneck lol

2. Remove Ads

I'm really glad it worked out for you and you were able to clock him. Pretty stupid to pull on a guy your size.
    pittypat21 likes this.

Glad the clerk distracted him and gave you your opportunity to knock him out instead of having to draw down on him in front of the kids. I honestly think you 100% did the right thing. Someone might say if he turned away you should have hopped in your car and locked the doors and drove away but you might have saved the clerk a slice and trip to the hospital or cemetery. He pulled the knife on YOU not the clerk so he got what was coming to him. Nothin but support from me my friend. Buy that clerk a beer next time you see him.

Well thankyou I truly see my actions as the best choice. I think he saw me as a victim due to having my kids with me! What he didn't know Is like any good dad I'll die to protect them and my wife! But I am thrilled it didn't get to the point of gun fire I backed up enough to get 6 maybe 7 feet between us and my Wilson was 3/4 the way out when he turned I rushed him

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Glad it worked out for you. I'm not getting within clobbering distance of a guy with a knife. I have neither the speed, size, nor agility to hands on anymore. If it had happened to me, the kids would have had a graphic lessons in armed self defence.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Glad you're okay. You did great. Neither you or your loved ones are hurt (besides the bruised knuckles) and the guy isn't dead.

Hopefully you'll never have to make that decision again.

Well I hope I never ha've to go that way but I'm glad know all the training I do kicked in and I was prepared to defend myself..... I truly think bit of rage took over 100% honest I'm still pist it happened

My jaw hurts now just reading. Good on you for doing what you did. We never truly know how we will react to a situation til it happens and I think you handled it well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad every one is safe, and I hope the kids are dealing with it as well as you seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Glad it worked out for you. I'm not getting within clobbering distance of a guy with a knife. I have neither the speed, size, nor agility to hands on anymore. If it had happened to me, the kids would have had a graphic lessons in armed self defence.
    OldVet you can watch my kids anytime
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

My son was pretty shook up my little girl who's 3 doesn't seem to be bothered I don't think she could see it happen .... my boy will be okay I sure . At least his daddy is home to tuck him in tonight :)

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Glad you have the ability and training: last time I threw a punch was in 1968 (and I got beat up then).
    jbonfadini and kmagnuss like this.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

VIP Member
    I would suggest the nicotine patches for helping the 4-year-old get off the Copenhagen. They worked great when I got off cigarettes.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I might give that a shot lol

Sounds like a crack head type of guy. He will wake up with a hell of a headache ...and I hope in the pokey!

Sent via Messenger Pigeon

Glad you prevailed! Keep an eye out for this guy in the future!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links