85-year-old man arrested in fatal hospital room shooting

This is a discussion on 85-year-old man arrested in fatal hospital room shooting within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This crazy!!!!!!!!! UPDATE: 85-year-old man arrested in fatal hospital room shooting...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GH
  • 1 Post By Eagleks

Thread: 85-year-old man arrested in fatal hospital room shooting

85-year-old man arrested in fatal hospital room shooting

SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    My Dad just checked out of that hospital, the week before last.

Fortunately, we (with a GA permit) can carry in GA hospitals. I've also spent more occasions than I care to recall, sitting in the ER with my Dad. Man - what a freak show. Two days ago, we were in the University ER, on a gurney and waiting for a room. They then parked a guy in handcuffs, dripping in blood & secured to a wheel chair about 5 feet away from us.

I'm reminded of what an incredibly dangerous job that our EMS folk have.

GH
    I bet Gorrell gets six months to life. But I repeat myself.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I bet Gorrell gets six months to life. But I repeat myself.
    I see what you did there shipmate! LOL

So, the old man in the room is there looking after his wife when he's had enough of his nephew (whom he's had a long-standing family feud with) and shoots him dead.

Sometimes it's better to hold your tounge, and your fire, until...... say, never ?!?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

PB2
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Sometimes it's better to hold your tounge, and your fire, until...... say, never ?!?
    I'm not so sure. He's 85. His wife is in the hospital, perhaps dying. The quality, length, and future of his life are somewhat bleak. What are they going to do to him? put him in prison? He'll be lucky to live through the trial. Sounds like the perfect time to settle an old score.

Sounds like someone said something they shouldn't (nephew) and the 85 yr old decided he was going to end the dispute. Pure and Simple.

people forget , that older people are closer or getting closer to the "end of life" .... they may feel they don't they have that much time left and anything to loose. Don't mess with older people..... they may figure they won't be around that much longer anyway, so what the heck.
    Phillep Harding likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

yeah after watching Gran Torino i figured out that old people think they have nothing to loose. BTW this thread should be in the news section i see moderators slacking off

VIP Member
    Should have gotten a restraining order against the nephew,

Then if he's there chiming in, or poses a threat to the household..........You gotta protect yourself right.

Old guy just probably had enough of the nephew acting a fool.
    Sad situation tho.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Should have gotten a restraining order against the nephew,

Then if he's there chiming in, or poses a threat to the household..........You gotta protect yourself right.

Old guy just probably had enough of the nephew acting a fool.
    Sad situation tho.
    I didn't see anything that said the nephew was "acting a fool". I could just have well been that the old man was abusing the wife and the nephew didn't like it. You really can't say that the old man was justified with the little information given.

Hospitals can be dangerous places. Back in the day, we had just taken a patient to KUMC and put our stretcher together in a alcove that held wheel chairs. By the time we got back to the station...a man had come in at random shot a woman sitting in that alcove in a wheel chair....a security guard...and a young doctor, killing all three before a LEO took him out. After that, we always got a chill when seeing the bullet holes in the wall (which they never fixed. Just slapped some paint over the holes.)
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Maybe he saw the hospital bill and figured 3 hots a cot and free medical til he dies ain't such a bad idea
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links