Florida CCW fingerprint issue

This is a discussion on Florida CCW fingerprint issue within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dang. Just spoke with Florida CCW and they said my application was complete but my fingerprint card was rejected! Fortunately I sent two so they ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Florida CCW fingerprint issue

Florida CCW fingerprint issue

Dang. Just spoke with Florida CCW and they said my application was complete but my fingerprint card was rejected! Fortunately I sent two so they are resubmitting. I'm active duty military with a Secret clearance (25+ years) for goodness sakes. Anyone have this experience? Thanks.

Best regards,
    Michael

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have a very messed up pinky that is difficult to print. My prints were rejected twice the first time I applied for a permit in Oklahoma. They finally used the electronic printing machine they had in the jail and those were approved with no problem.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    The fingerprint cards are a pain sometimes. I had troubles with mine. Luckily the detective who took my prints was willing to do a couple sets for me.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Could have been smudged. Fingerprints are only as good as the person rolling the finger. Mine were done electronically for my CWFL without issue. I hate cleaning off the ink.
    Lish likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I've heard of the electronic ones being kicked back sometimes. Shouldn't be a big deal - hopefully the resubmit will go through!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    My wife and I both had that problem with our Utah permit applications. We went to the local State Police office and they used their machine to create a set of finger print cards for us. They were accomodating, there was no fee, and the print cards were accepted.

Both of us are 70. I have almost no finger prints left. I have to look at my fingers with a magnifying glass to see what's there. However the machine could see something with it's wet plate technology. Printing them with ink looked like a hot dog had been rolled on the paper. No discernable prints at all.

Don't know if that's available where you are, but it's worth a try if it is.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

MGD
    My first set was rejected as well as I have hyperhidrosis, aka sweaty palms.

If you also have this problem, tell the tech at your local PD to put something on paper stating your condition and send it in with your fingerprint card. Worked for me :)

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    We went to a regional office because they could scan them on their computer...Wife had to go back for a rescan, mine were no problem. They said they scanned them and then PRINTED them for forwarding for evaluation. Doesn't seem too logical.

I went to a regional office to do my application, electronic fingerprint scan, picture, etc. all in one trip. Went smooth. I also had to have my fingerprints electronically scanned for my job, and that went fine. My wife had to have fingerprints to volunteer at our kids' school and she had to have hers re-done. Those were the old fashioned ink kind. I told her that her fingers were so small they couldn't make out the prints.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Links