Bicycling and CC - Page 2

Bicycling and CC

This is a discussion on Bicycling and CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I must be lucky because I've experienced almost nothing but courteous drivers who go out of their way to give plenty of room to me ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bicycling and CC

I must be lucky because I've experienced almost nothing but courteous drivers who go out of their way to give plenty of room to me cycling.

That said, this summer a buddy of mine got clipped by the mirror of an SUV and hurled off his bike and into the top rail of a chain link fence, which he bent into a U shape. The driver didn't stop, and nobody got the plate. He missed days of work, but luckily suffered no permanent injury.

I have pepper spray clipped to my handlebars for one level of deterrence, and an LCP in a hip pocket for extreme deterrence.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

It's a sad state of affairs when we can't share the road with others; I realize most drivers are mindful, and it's the few that give others a bad reputation. I'm not sure where this mentality comes from. I ride routinely and had the rare encounter with either a driver that didn't move over a little or the rogue large dog that "never bites" chasing me down with the owner hollering there name. I typically CC, as I know not everyone agrees with our form of transportation and seem to want to permenantly remove us. I also try to be openly cordial/courteous towards those who show consideration.
    funwitHK
    Aim Low, don't be Disappointed, and Reach your Goals.

I ride Rail Trails. Why give them a chance to steal your joy.
    Glock 26 on my belt because we have wack jobs lurking on the bike trails.

In my neck o the woods we have both rude drivers and rude cyclists. Im on both sides of the fence since I ride also. Ive never had an encounter where I would have had to draw a weapon but have had close calls. A driver not paying attention and just about hit me. Ive since then went to off road biking I like the trails better its my getaway from the hustle and bustle of the real world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links