WI laws regarding places that serve alcohol

This is a discussion on WI laws regarding places that serve alcohol within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I decided at about 10p last night to head to WI for my grandmother's 80th birthday party which is being held at a fine restaurant ...

Thread: WI laws regarding places that serve alcohol

Senior Moderator

WI laws regarding places that serve alcohol

I decided at about 10p last night to head to WI for my grandmother's 80th birthday party which is being held at a fine restaurant / bar.

I admit to hastily running out of the door without looking up the carry laws for places that serve alcohol in WI.

I have reciprocity but I need your help finding a link to current law while I drive.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from tapatalk. forgive the auto corrupt.

2. Remove Ads

If you are legal to CC, you can carry into anyplace that serves alcohol, just don't drink... As long as it is not posted.

In Iowa, it's illegal to text and drive...
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Carry in Restaurants That Serve Alcohol

YES

Note: A “YES” above means you can carry into places like described below. “NO” means you can’t.
    Handgunlaw.us definition of “Restaurant Carry” is carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. Places
    like Friday’s. Chili’s or Red Lobster. This may or may not mean the bar or the bar area of a
    restaurant. But you can carry your firearm into a restaurant that serves alcohol and sit and eat
    without consuming. Handgunlaw.us recommends you not sit at the Bar or in the Bar area of such
    restaurants. In some states it is illegal to be in the Bar area of such restaurants. Handgunlaw.us
    believes you should never consume alcohol when carrying your firearm. In some states it is illegal to
    take even one drink while carrying a firearm. If you want further info on carrying in places that serve
    alcohol check your state laws.

link http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/wisconsin.pdf
    I found this at Handtunlaw.us
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

You can can carry a gun in any eating/drinking establishment in Wisconsin. You are not supposed to drink and carry.

Most places have the signs that say drinking and CC don't go together. They are not no-gun signs. They do not meet the states sign requirement because they are too small, and they do not state that CC is prohibited. They are feel good signs for the anti-CC people.

The biggest thing you need to do as you walk in, is to look for a sign that is at least 5"x7" in size that says CC is prohibited. If you don't see a clearly visible 5"x7" sign then you are not in violation of the law.

Senior Moderator
    No, no texting and driving. That was texting and stopping to get gas. If I were texting and driving I would have just looked up the laws while I drove.

Is Handgunlaws.us back up and running? They were down before. That's great if they are.

I think there's also a carry app. I need to look for it.

Thanks for the help. One of three parties down.

I regards to Sfury, My employer was Issued those signs by the city in which he has restaurants and bars. Also I believe the tavern and restaraunt assoc. are providing them, In EC I have not seen any thing much different unless they prohibit totally. Maybe were wrong?

Re: WI laws regarding places that serve alcohol

In Arkansas, you are expected to know the law. There are no signs outside buildings unless the facility specifically wants to exclude them and even then it better say firearm and not weapon.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

WI law is as previously stated, you can carry in but don't consume anything. Also remember that there will be people drinking and people drinking sometimes act in ways they typically wouldn't.

Links