She kept her finger off the trigger

She kept her finger off the trigger

This is a discussion on She kept her finger off the trigger within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The other day my girlfriend told me that she was awakened about 0330hrs to the sound of someone jiggling her front door knob. She lives ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: She kept her finger off the trigger

Thumbs up She kept her finger off the trigger

The other day my girlfriend told me that she was awakened about 0330hrs to the sound of someone jiggling her front door knob. She lives in a remote cabin by the lake and it's not that close to the road. Not to mention the avg response time for LEO to this area is 30+ min. Well she gets up, grabs her Walther and yells toward the door that she she has a weapon and knows how to use it. She could see, through the window, 2 teen boys turn and run. She told me "I kept hearing you say keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire, and I did." (this is something that we've been working on for a while) Maybe I got through to her.
    LenS, accessbob, fail_187 and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Sounds like she did mighty fine, glad everything worked out.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Glad she is OK.

Notify the police of the attempted break in and ask them to increase patrols in the area.
    PatAz likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post

Notify the police of the attempted break in and ask them to increase patrols in the area.
    County is going to try addind a few more patrols.

She did great!

Happy to hear she's OK.

Any chance to add a security system to the property?

And maybe a guard bear. Being in the woods and all.
    ep1953 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Good deal! Bet the boys left a trail of scat during their departure.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by flydoc View Post
    Well she gets up, grabs her Walther and yells toward the door that she she has a weapon and knows how to use it. She could see, through the window, 2 teen boys turn and run.
    And she should realize that at least two nefarious teens now know she's got weaponry inside that cabin. Something to consider, regarding the potential for future burglary/invasion into her space. In order to acquire it, all they need to do is wait for a time when they watch the resident leave.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

GH
    You instructed her well & she did a good job. Congratulations to her & you.
    minimalbrat likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

She did good, keep training her. Just because she is out in the country doesn't mean the BG's won't come to her.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    And she should realize that at least two nefarious teens now know she's got weaponry inside that cabin. Something to consider, regarding the potential for future burglary/invasion into her space. In order to acquire it, all they need to do is wait for a time when they watch the resident leave.
    Which is why, among other reasons, he'll probably be encouraging her to carry.

If she has no permit, she still might consider taking it with her when she goes out, by putting it in the trunk or however she can transport legally in her state. I would trust my gun in a locked car's trunk in a parking lot full of trunks over being behind a locked door in the middle of nowhere - bad guys might even find a chainsaw in the shed they could use to go through the door. Car safe? Even better.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

VIP Member
    I'm glad she's okay, consider this event as a predictor. With the leo response time you mentioned and her isolation on the lake, it might be beneficial if she had some added deterrents and/or early warning devices for visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by flydoc View Post
    She told me "I kept hearing you say keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire, and I did." (this is something that we've been working on for a while) Maybe I got through to her.
    Similar story. After her husband passed away, my aunt asked me to help her practice with her late husbands .38 revolver. Years later, she had a night-time event that caused her to retrieve her revolver; later she told me that she felt as if I were calmly by her side, reminding her of everything we talked about during her practice.

It's interesting that while so many times we may be ignored, under pressure what we said clearly re-surfaces when needed.
    minimalbrat likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Glad things worked out for her. At night, against more than 1 person, I think I'd rather have a shotgun, instead of a pistol. Might be something she wants to consider.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by rdpG19 View Post
    She did good, keep training her. Just because she is out in the country doesn't mean the BG's won't come to her.
    People often tell me they don't need to worry about defending themselves, locking their doors etc because they live in a good (usually affluent) or remote area. My comment is always 'yep, and when you go deer hunting, you go where you think the deer are'.
    BlueHawk76 and ppkheat like this.
    NRA Life Member

Good work.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links