hiding a glock 20

This is a discussion on hiding a glock 20 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am 6'2", 200lbs, I am wanting to carry a full size Glock 20. What holsters are the most comfortable for IWB and OWB? P.S ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard58
  • 1 Post By RoadRunner71

Thread: hiding a glock 20

hiding a glock 20

I am 6'2", 200lbs, I am wanting to carry a full size Glock 20. What holsters are the most comfortable for IWB and OWB?
    P.S I live in central FL... So it is mostly T-shirts

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    You will have a very hard time not printing the grip on many large frame pistols in a t-shirt or botton up in florida. Ispend many years in naples and found CC'n was harder for a outdoor'z person. How about the g29 with a 10 shot mag and a 15 shot mag with slide extender on it for back up or range use.

Holsters are allways a bit of a chance as to finding what works for you. Might depend on how active you are and what you do at work and away from work as to what works for both a handgun size and holster. After 20 years + and a box full of this and that holsters I have found a great one with comp-tac holsters. For back half CC there MTAC design and there Minotaur Netural for front half CC along with a couple all kydex desins that my work. Front half CC allows for comfortable setting and still haveing access to your handgun. rear CC can be uncomfortable and makes for impossible access in a car with a set belt and comfort issues. I have CC'd a kahr cw9 for some years now but ordered a spare kydex body for my caracal c" glock holster" at a 2:30 position and thats fine with a 3.5" barrel. I have found for a active person that rear side CC does not allways work well. Some think it does but a friend can tell you other wise wearing one a lite cover up. Heres another company that might work with all leather-http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/DblTuckSnap.htm Good luck

Here in Texas I use an IWB holster from White Hat Holsters. I'm 6' 1" 225 lbs and carry a Walther PPQ. Most of the time I am in jeans and a t-shirt.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Make sure you have a good belt as well. I use a riggers belt that I bought at the px on base. Very sturdy, a good belt makes a world of difference.

VIP Member
    I use a regular belt for IWB carry
    However for OWB carry a good strong gun belt works best for heavy weapons.
    kmagnuss likes this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

VIP Member
    I carry a G21 without issue using a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, generally in IWB mode. This holster will work IWB or OWB and is very comfortable. Strap it on in the morning and take it off when you go to bed comfortable.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    The Glock 20 will conceal the easiest with IWB. The full length of the barrel is covered and you really only have to worry about the grip. It depends on body shape where you place your holster. Just remember that concealment is NOT everything. You MUST be able to access your weapon in a reasonable fashion.

Play around with holster positions and cover garments while in various activites in which you would normally participate. A full-sized firearm is not impossible to hide, but you have to be realistic in your expectations. That G20 won't conceal as well, or as easily as, say, a micro .380.

Good luck and I hope you find what works for you.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I carry a full size USP 45. Also 6'2", 200 lbs. It hides pretty well under a t shirt in a Galco IWB holster. The spare mag I carry on the left side actually seems to stick out more. The mags are huge! I had to get used to wearing a "wife beater" under my t shirts to have a barrier between the gun and my skin. With a good IWB setup a G20 should be no problem. Mine doesn't show unless I bend all the way forward, and it doesn't get much bigger than a USP .45.

What I will add is to get a good holster that stays open. I would not want to be shoving a Glock into a flattened holster, aimed at my butt/thigh. Also, I do step down to a G 19 when it's really hot or I want to wear a tighter t shirt. A slightly smaller (like the 29 mentioned earlier) gun is always a good thing to have, if you don't always wear oversized t shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by jordankaden View Post
    I am 6'2", 200lbs, I am wanting to carry a full size Glock 20. What holsters are the most comfortable for IWB and OWB?
    P.S I live in central FL... So it is mostly T-shirts
    Jordan,
    There's an excellent holster maker in Jacksonville who's IWB kydex stuff is the best I've seen or used for concealment. The web page is Handmade Holsters, Knife Sheaths | Jacksonville, FL

For some of his customer reviews, look at the Florida Concealed forum: Florida Concealed Carry Forum and search on Panther Concealment or just Panther.

Reasonable price for a custom holster from a great guy!

I'm also in the central Fla area.

hiding a glock 20

You might check out appendix carry. While not quite as big, I carry a Glock 17 every day with jeans and either a size too big tshirt or a button up.

I use a Dale Fricke Archangel holster and I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Links