Hoover Tacical (Hoover , AL.) gives fuel to the sheep and anti-gun Libs. - Page 2

Hoover Tacical (Hoover , AL.) gives fuel to the sheep and anti-gun Libs.

This is a discussion on Hoover Tacical (Hoover , AL.) gives fuel to the sheep and anti-gun Libs. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by smolck Stop in and see the fine folks at Alabama Training Institute (ATI). They do not have a multi-million dollar place or ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Hoover Tacical (Hoover , AL.) gives fuel to the sheep and anti-gun Libs.

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Stop in and see the fine folks at Alabama Training Institute (ATI). They do not have a multi-million dollar place or 100,000 sq ft of gun stuff, but they have the nicest people in Bham and they allow you to practice what you need to. They get my indoor range business.
    Thanks for the tip, smolck! Sounds like my kinda place.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by Augrunt View Post
    For the life of me I can't understand why they did it. I don't live near there , but am recommending a boycott if you do. It's already getting flack for looking like a scare tactic.
    They don't make clear their purpose.

Can't imagine a boycott would be justified, nor useful. It's not as though they just destroyed the only known cancer treatment, after all.

At best, it's simply an unclear message, IMO. Sure, upstanding citizens who are wondering how easy it can be to conceal weaponry will hopefully start thinking about the ramifications in terms of their own defensive preparations. And, yes, possibly some criminals might see it and realize they've got only themselves to blame if they fail to conceal effectively. But hopefully the knee-jerk types won't get too bent seeing gremlins where they don't exist.

Boycott? Doesn't make sense to me.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    It appears at least to me, Pete Buchwalter, a range master at Hoover Tactical Firearms, is grandstanding.
    If the other posters are truthful in describing how you are treated, I would rather shoot elsewhere.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I did not watch the video posted by the OP, however in another vid by the same person interviewing the manager of HTF I did notice a few incorrect comments:
    Interview with Manager of HTF

1. At 1:40 he says there are areas you can't carry: School (incorrect, with a permit you MAY carry into a school as long as your permit is from the state that the school is located in-i.e. my AL permit allows me to carry on AL school property); Libraries and some municipal buildings (incorrect, Municipalities may not, by AL state law make any law preventing the carry of a firearm, that ability is the sole provence of the STATE legislature)

2. At 2:10 he states that having your permit prohibits you from carrying OPEN; AL is an open carry state, you may carry openly WITHOUT a permit, however, you MUST have a permit to carry in your vehicle. Thus his "violating permit" comment about carrying open with a CCP is false, you must have a CCP to carry in a vehicle therefore you have to have the permit to OC anywhere other than your own property or anywhere you cannot walk to. He gets his info from the back of the Jefferson Co. permit that says "This permit does not ALLOW you to carry openly". Of course the permit does not, the state constitution allows us to do so.

3. At 4:00 he starts talking about Disorderly Conduct: there is no provision in STATE law listing OC (or firearms in any form) as a reason for a charge of DC. Again, the local governments (municipalities, cities, counties et al) cannot adopt any ordinances concerning firearms PERIOD, that is the sole provence of the state legislature.

4: At 6: 15 he states that the AL permit is accepted by all but "4 or 5" states in a reciprocity agreement; incorrect there are some 20+ states that do NOT recognize the AL permit. His error here is because of his retired LEO status; HE can carry in all but a few states due to the federal laws concerning redired LEO.

It is worth noting that he is retired Jefferson county/Birmingham PD LEO, and they are some of the most "elitist" "LEO only" agencies in the state in regards to weapon carry. Also, he mentions getting your permit pulled for OC and thus never being able to get another; which is wrong on several counts; the Sheriff issues the permit; HE decides if you are fit, and there are only a few laws that will prohibit you getting a permit; Felonies and crimes of VIOLENCE. The most you can get charged with for OC is trespass.
    smolck likes this.

Echo four A broom handle Mauser
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Makes me miss Grady!
    oneshot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    1. At 1:40 he says there are areas you can't carry: School (incorrect, with a permit you MAY carry into a school as long as your permit is from the state that the school is located in-i.e. my AL permit allows me to carry on AL school property); Libraries and some municipal buildings (incorrect, Municipalities may not, by AL state law make any law preventing the carry of a firearm, that ability is the sole provence of the STATE legislature)
    So glad you mentioned this. A lot of people automatically think schools are off limits, but the law says specifically you can't carry if you have "intent to do harm" and so if you do not have that intent, you are legal.

And yes, they place in question is elitist as they come. That is why I go to a smaller, less "brand new" range. But it serves the same purpose and I can actually have a good time talking with the staff (at ATI in Bham) and learn something from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    I want to know what a 30 caliber handgun is.
    It's a handgun with a 0.308" (7.62 mm) barrel.

Well, you asked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links