Hoover Tacical (Hoover , AL.) gives fuel to the sheep and anti-gun Libs.

This is a discussion on Hoover Tacical (Hoover , AL.) gives fuel to the sheep and anti-gun Libs. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This was in the Huntsville Times and on AL.com . For the life of me I can't understand why they did it. I don't live ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Hoover Tacical (Hoover , AL.) gives fuel to the sheep and anti-gun Libs.

This was in the Huntsville Times and on AL.com . For the life of me I can't understand why they did it. I don't live near there , but am recommending a boycott if you do. It's already getting flack for looking like a scare tactic. Thoughts ??

Armed in Alabama: Fully loaded (video) | al.com
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I wasn't interested enough to watch the video, but it does seem like a not-well-thought-out idea. Whatever their point was, I think they missed it--badly!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    I want to know what a 30 caliber handgun is.
    Augrunt likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

That will not help sway people towards concealed carry. It is ridiculous to think that you would ever need to carry 17 guns at the same time and only makes concealed carriers look like paranoid nutbags.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

what a bunch of clowns. the guy talking muzzle swept himself at least twice, and the camera probably five times.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    I want to know what a 30 caliber handgun is.
    The 7.62x25mm Tokarev TT33 is one.

I live within 20 minutes of this place. The back story is simple. They just moved their store from a small shop to an old grocery store that they converted into a range/HUGE showroom. The owner is ex-LEO and the store has one of those "if you aren't a LEO we'll sell you a gun but we don't respect you" type attitudes. I've been in there a few times, never been greeted, never had someone say "may I help you" or anything else. My guess is they are hurting to pay the overhead in this giant place. Additionally, you can't carry in their store unless you are a LEO. For a place that talks about rights for gun owners, this makes me furious (all other gun stores in the area allow CC).

And lastly, their pistol range costs $25 per session. And, when I went the one and only time, I had my gun in it's case locked up and cleared but my mags were loaded and ready to go. They sat there and UNLOADED all my mags before they let me go into the shooting area. It takes some time to load up 17 rounds per mag ya know, what a stupid thing to do. Oh, and forget about drawing from your holster or anything along those lines in the range, they don't allow it.

They are clowns. The place is higher priced than other places, and they are snooty to non-LEO's. Bad for business if you ask me.

GH
    The next time I'm down to Ft. Benning remind me not to stop in to that place when I travel through Alabama.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    The next time I'm down to Ft. Benning remind me not to stop in to that place when I travel through Alabama.
    Stop in and see the fine folks at Alabama Training Institute (ATI). They do not have a multi-million dollar place or 100,000 sq ft of gun stuff, but they have the nicest people in Bham and they allow you to practice what you need to. They get my indoor range business.
    GH likes this.

They unloaded your magazines before going into their range? That is stupid, hope it goes out of buisness, and with practices like this, they likely will.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    They unloaded your magazines before going into their range? That is stupid, hope it goes out of buisness, and with practices like this, they likely will.
    Yep. Dumbest thing I have ever seen. And they do a lot of local advertising on the radio and TV. I think they over-extended themselves. They really push their "classes", though if the guy in the video is teaching, I will pass. As another said, he swept all the guys with the muzzle. Rule #1 of the 4 safety rules is obviously not in affect to them.

I posted this on some FB gun groups I belong to. I have been told they pat people down at the store sometimes. One guy told me his son was home on leave from the Army and they made him leave his pocket knife at the door. I might drive down there and troll next weekend. Ironically , they are closed for inventory today.
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

I've been to Hoover Tactical several times and never seen the actions you guys talk about. Yeah, they sometimes want folks to buy ammo from them to shoot in the range, and they have they typical "no loaded firearms" signs. But, they have also had folks come in with 5.56 green tips (armor penetrating) with the tips polished so they aren't green anymore, and want to shoot them at the indoor range.

Yeah, they definitely did this piece to get on the front page of the local paper. But, I doubt they are close to closing the doors. Everytime I have been there, it is bustling, with a wait to get into the range. And "just moved" is 11 months ago.

If you like ATI - have at it. I've been there. I prefer Hoover Tactical for an indoor range.

And the reason for the article probably has more to do with the newspaper, Birmingham News, than anything. They recently (couple of weeks) went to three days a week because readership is down so much. This was on the front page of the paper today, probably just to stir things up. Here is al ink to a whole slew of articles & videos on weapons and concealed carry Guns in Alabama 2012 | al.com

One thing most folks don't realize is that Alabama is a "may" issue state, not a "shall" issue. But, it is treated like a "must have" state. The Chief Deputy for Jefferson County, the largest county in Alabama, was quoted in today's paper: "That's why we strongly advocate that good, law-abiding citizens be licensed, armed and trained."

As Bugs Bunny would say, "what a maroon".

I can't imagine any reason for anyone, even for "demonstration purposes" having 17 concealed weapons on their person.

VIP Member
    I'll admit, I know nothing of these guy, or how they run their business.

I think you need to separate your opinion of the business from the intention of the video. The purpose of the video was to show people how it is not hard to properly conceal a gun, especially with the proper clothing. At least all the guns were holstered, unlike the video that was around about a year ago, of the teenager who showed how many guns could be carried at once, and unlike that video, he didn't have a short barreled shotgun shoved down the pant leg.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links