Carry enough gun? - Page 7

Carry enough gun?

This is a discussion on Carry enough gun? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MLittle When I see the "just going to the store, so I threw the 38 in my pocket" response, the first thing ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Carry enough gun?

Quote Originally Posted by MLittle View Post
    When I see the "just going to the store, so I threw the 38 in my pocket" response, the first thing I think about is....."Hey! This guy/gal isn't carrying all the time". I put my pistol and holster on when I get dressed in the morning and don't take it off (except for my shower) until bed time. I don't just throw a pistol in my pocket. It's always on my belt. I read a report the other day that stated that over 60% of all self defense encounters happen in the home. If you don't carry at home.....you are really taking a chance with your safety.
    Got a link to this report?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Are you saying that you would feel unsafe in this scenario and would return home without running the additional errands?
    I'm saying if I feel the need to "gun up" from what I'm currently carrying (or not carrying) to go to a particular place, then I would likely not go to the place.

In other words, I do not carry so I can go to places I would not otherwise go to if unarmed.

The flipside of that is I don't feel undergunned when I'm carrying a 5 shot, nor do I feel particularly vulnerable on the occasions that I am not carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Are you saying that you would feel unsafe in this scenario and would return home without running the additional errands?
    Guess that is the answer indeed, if PEF is like me that is. Anywhere I feel like I CAN'T go unless I am armed is somewhere I probably have no business being in in the first place. Don't go stupid places or do stupid things.
    bsms likes this.

I carry a Glock 26 (which everyone knows is 9mm) and fell that it is more then capable for a SD round. Some would say that a .45 or .357 would be a better choice but 9mm with JHP ammo will stop anything I would need be.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Some of us have been in situations that they had to draw or felt like they needed to get ready to draw. These people have drawn from their situation and carry at all times. They also are more likely to be carrying heavier large capacity weapons. From my personal experince in the CA I found my 6 shot revolver did not have enough rounds to go around. When I got back home I bought a "wonder nine" 15 shot. I only carry autos with reloads for self defense. Nothing like a real life experince to make a believer out of you.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Sponsored Links