How do I CCW in my car? Any sort of "mountable holster" for the dash or something?

This is a discussion on How do I CCW in my car? Any sort of "mountable holster" for the dash or something? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; how do you guys carry when you're in your Subaru's? I carry my Sig 229 DAK in a CompTac CTAC IWB holster which I absolutely ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I CCW in my car? Any sort of "mountable holster" for the dash or something?

How do I CCW in my car? Any sort of "mountable holster" for the dash or something?

how do you guys carry when you're in your Subaru's?

I carry my Sig 229 DAK in a CompTac CTAC IWB holster which I absolutely love, but for long car rides it's the most uncomfortable thing on earth not to mention the fact that when I have my seatbelt on I cannot access it very well at all, so I believe that carrying on my person while in the car is neither a good idea for comfort or the possibly where I may need my weapon quickly.

So how else can I carry while in the car? I drive a Subaru Impreza WRX STI so it's not exactly your typical truck where you can just put one of those SmartSafes under the seat, definitely a no-go in a small car like my STI.

Is there any sort of extremely secure holster that I can mount underneath the dashboard or somewhere under the steering column or something to that effect? I do not want a safe for the car, but some sort of mountable holster that is extremely secure.

I found a system sold by DeSantis called the Kingston Car Seat Holster which looks like EXACTLY what i'm looking for, but it attaches directly to the seat and i'm not sure if it will work on the STI's seats or not. Here is a link to it... http://www.desantisholster.com/n92.html

Besides the DeSantis Kingston Car Seat Holster, does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

You could try an option that a friend of mine has considered. Just get a cheapish kydex holster and mount it under the dash with screws. Of course you may not want to start drilling holes in your car. But it can be done.

Andrews Leather makes a "Carjacker Crossdraw" model that you can attach to either belt or seatbelt. Got one and love it.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I don't know about you, but from one performance driver to another, I would NOT want to be drillin holes or do anything perminant to that car (as far as guns go).

If you must, I would consider using double-sided tape or something like that to hold the holster. Consider mounting it back where your dash ends on the underside. Someplace extremely unnoticable.... if you can use that seat-mounted one, I would go with that.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

I have the DeSantis and love it use it in my sport-trac;on a side note anyone see something Atleast I consider an accident waiting to happen in the Andrews photo
    US Paratroopers give the enemy maxnimum opportunity to give his life for his country

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    I have the DeSantis and love it use it in my sport-trac;on a side note anyone see something Atleast I consider an accident waiting to happen in the Andrews photo
    Dude's finger on the trigger.

Yes, and we all give him hell for it when we talk to him.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

VIP Member
    I use Mark Garrity's C&D Crossdraw holster and love it. It easily attaches to my belt at 11 and thus avoids the seatbelt.

Bottom of the page on the link below.
    http://www.garritysgunleather.com/Po...tyHolsters.htm

Here is mine.

More pictures and info are at:
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=12549
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Fobus sells a universal home/auto mount for $39.99, you would also need a Roto Holster from Fobus. The holster cost is $29.99. I have not used this system but I have seen it in the Cabelas Shooting catalog.
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." Navy Admiral

University of Science Music and Culture

SEMPER FI!

Welcome to the board Accord.
    Myself and Fuzz are members here as well.

Regards,

Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    i just leave mine holstered as normal ... but then in my area we dont have any silly laws about not doing that .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Welcome to the board Accord.
    Myself and Fuzz are members here as well.

Regards,

Janq
    Thanks. It's refreshing to actually get real answers, and not "Why do you need a gun? Are you some sort of nut?" .

Her you go.

"Always buy the best, you'll never be sorry"

http://www.grassburr.com/about-mounted-handguns.asp

no affiliation, use two daily.

I use an Ace Car Holster from http://www.smartcarry.com/products.htm

It is a velco on the outside holster, velcro closer on the top you can pull the gun through and a velcro pad (glue is 3M) you can stick anywhere. I mount mine by the gear shift in easy reach/no bending over to get it. I have bought multiple pads to place in each car, bed frame and anywhere else you want. The holster also comes with a basic metal clip to make it an IWB in a pinch.

Works for me very well and holds great. Give them a look.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I just used industrial velcro setup to mount an old holster in the console of my suv. It works great for my G23.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links