This is how to handle road rage (israel) - Page 2

This is how to handle road rage (israel)

This is a discussion on This is how to handle road rage (israel) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The guy did a great job protecting himself. I wouldn't have turned my back while walking back to my car though. Who knows what that ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: This is how to handle road rage (israel)

VIP Member
    The guy did a great job protecting himself. I wouldn't have turned my back while walking back to my car though. Who knows what that little creep might do next. Ignorant hotheads don't usually have much impulse control (hence the name, "ignorant hothead").

I imagine, due to the huge terrorist threat in Israel, a lot of people have dash cams.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

This made my day. Funny stuff, that is for sure. I'd have loved to see him hold the perp and call the police.

Of course, I always think of what I would do if the perp kept coming anyways. Obviously he has a weapon and I can shoot him, but seems so senseless to take a life over road rage.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    In a country which is an island in the midst of millions of people that want you dead and commit acts of terror on a regular basis, the guy is lucky he was not shot. How do you know he was not a homicide bomber?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by paching View Post
    Tough guy-0/ Responsible citizen-1. You think he'll try that again? I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Have to wonder about all the dash cam videos. Just how many people run around with a dash cam in their vehicles and have it running all the time?

As for the Russian one, That was filmed from the outside of the vehicle pointing back. My guess is it was a movie scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    The guy did a great job protecting himself. I wouldn't have turned my back while walking back to my car though. Who knows what that little creep might do next. Ignorant hotheads don't usually have much impulse control (hence the name, "ignorant hothead").

I imagine, due to the huge terrorist threat in Israel, a lot of people have dash cams.
    According to a comment on the page, news articles reported the man with the pistol as off-duty police. I generally disregard YouTube comments as a whole, but it was well-written and would explain the dash cam and how well the man kept himself together.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    In my line(s) of work, I have seen a lot over the course of my years here on this earth (no smart remarks about just how many years ) but the sheer stupidity of some folks still amazes me.......
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    In my line(s) of work, I have seen a lot over the course of my years here on this earth (no smart remarks about just how many years ) but the sheer stupidity of some folks still amazes me.......

We'd never infer that your old........just because your first self defense act was against dinosaurs.
    Chaplain Scott and pgrass101 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2 camera black box DR-200 this works well for me.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Which dash cam do you use/reccomnd?

Road rage and bad driving are the order of the day here. We lose more people in traffic accidents than in all of our wars, combined. How do you know he's not a suicide bomber? He wouldn't be targeting one person. He'd head for a bus stop, train station, or hitchhiking station where soldiers congregate, or a mall, to maximize casualties. A bigger danger is that he's from a certain ethnic group. You could easily find yourself in the middle of a riot, and end up getting lynched. It's not that different from a lot of places in the states.

thanks for posting, OP.

Shows how important it is to always carry!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers

Looks like he did fine.

Though, it's unclear what the interaction and risk potential was during the fairly long time of the assailant being back near the guy's car. Was his window down, was he violently threatened, did they go hands-on during that time ...?

Either way, when the idiot grabbed a bar/bat and began to come back for more, the guy put an end to his stupidity. Too bad he didn't get him face-down and awaiting police, to face the music for what he'd done.

Still, Job #1 accomplished: he gets to go home safely, tonight.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    According to a comment on the page, news articles reported the man with the pistol as off-duty police. I generally disregard YouTube comments as a whole, but it was well-written and would explain the dash cam and how well the man kept himself together.
    I was thinking he was some sort of leo myself, the object on his dash, to the right of the camera, looked like a dash-mounted light to me. If he was a leo, it looked like he let the kid go. I'm also wondering if that was actually a training scenario video?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    That ended ok but cannot say that the situation was handled well at all by the guy with the gun. Especially when he turns his back on the guy who could of been reaching in the car for a gun of his own. Luckily it all ended well but definitely not a model to follow.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

A couple of comments, first off, the driver that filmed this did quite well. First off, when the other car cut im off he backed up to gain distance. Had he not done this the guy with the bat would have been back at his door before he had a chance to draw his weapon and get out of his car. I'm not 100 percent sure exiting the car was a great idea, but shooting a gun in a car without hearing protection is not a good thing.

He made the guy toss the weapon away, although I would have suggested tossing it farther away and towards the side of the road, not towards me.

The other thing I noticed and I ca't tell what it's about, but the guy with the gun bends over and picks something up before he picks up the bat. I wonder if he got nervious and racked the slide and dropped a live round after the bad guy turned around. Perhaps he wasn't sure if he had one in the pipe and had to check?

I also noticed that the bad guy was fussing with his pants as he walked back to his car. I think he was re-adjusting the new load that got deposited there when he saw the gun.

if someone is threatening you with violence and you can get away, its best to just leave the situation.

why possibly kill someone? there is no shame in leaving a violent situation if you have the ability to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    if someone is threatening you with violence and you can get away, its best to just leave the situation.

why possibly kill someone? there is no shame in leaving a violent situation if you have the ability to do so.
    Agreed. But he tried that. Short of driving into opposing traffic, it doesn't look like there were too many other places he could go. I think it was very well handled, other than maybe not turning his back until the punk was in his car and driving away, like 1MoreGoodGuy pointed out.
    BigJon10125 and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links