Carrying on Halloween

This is a discussion on Carrying on Halloween within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 1moregoodguy, you did not offend me. Most of that wasn't really directed at you, so I suppose it was misleading to quote your post. Maybe ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Carrying on Halloween

1moregoodguy, you did not offend me. Most of that wasn't really directed at you, so I suppose it was misleading to quote your post. Maybe I'm overanalyzing, but from previous posts I was sensing sentiment akin to: "If you're going to shoot kids TPing your house, then you don't deserve a gun, idiot!" (which is not what I was saying, btw). I guess I was feeling discouraged because it was sounding like carrying on Halloween was such a non-issue to everyone else and that I'm crazy for questioning it, but now that I'm hearing that carrying in general was a meticulous process to become comfortable with it for most people in the beginning, I feel a little better about the whole thing. Thanks for the encouragement.
    Proud owner of a Sig Sauer P238 SAS Explosive Space Modulator.

"I played the powerless in too many dark scenes. And I was blessed with a birth and a death, and I guess I just want some say in between." - Ani DiFranco, "Talk to me Now."

2. Remove Ads

It depends on what activity you are going to do. If you are going to a party with adult drinking, then use the rules that you use when you party and drink. If you are going to a child's party or taking the tykes trick or treating...CC as you usually do.
    (Type of neighborhood would have a large part to WANT to be armed.)

If you are going to a haunted house of the like, you would want to guard against the paid "Ghouls" touching your weapon by accident.

I didn't read all the others to see if other told you this...I just thought I would tell you what I would do. Have a happy and safe Halloween.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I CC everywhere legally possible. I don't carry when going to a adult party where I plan to have a couple of drinks.

I even CC when I took the grand daughter to Girls Scouts. Not because the Girl Scouts are a bunch of rough necks, but because chances are there that when you need that weapon the most is when you don't have it. Be Prepared is more that just a Boy Scout Motto.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

LaraCroft10,

I'm glad I did not offend you. Sometimes on these forums it is so hard to write the right thing and have it understood by the reader like it would be if I were to say it directly to them...things get lost in the translation all the time.

Anyway, I'm sure by the time Halloween comes around next year you'll be having a good laugh when you read this thread again. Good luck and don't worry, you'll get more comfortable as each day passes.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Always carry, don't matter what night... Pirates outfit...shoulder holster under vest
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

the only thing I do differently on Halloween , is I'm probably more alert to some things.

As far as carrying, I don't do anything differently at all.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    What? OK, I'm going to have to let everyone at my gun club know that North Carolina is NOT the California of the South like everybody says it is. Not even close. You guys are way more gun-friendly than NC if what you describe above is legal. Our CC laws stipulate that we canNOT carry at public functions where people gather, anywhere alcohol is consumed, anywhere a sign is posted, and of course schools, public bldgs., etc. I've always wanted to ask our legislators, "So what does that leave?" Oh, great, I can carry on my own property. Well I don't need a CCP to do that! Ours is virtually worthless. So congratulation on living in a gun-friendly state like CA. Guess we should call ourselves the Chicago of the South!
    I have heard NC is quite restrictive. My county is an exception in a very unfriendly state. We are as close to it should be as you can get, in CA.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I have heard NC is quite restrictive. My county is an exception in a very unfriendly state. We are as close to it should be as you can get, in CA.
    I'm surprised we have CC at all. At least I can carry to the grocery store and Home Depot. Just this year they added a clause which allows carry on all state parks which is great because my property abuts one and we walk our dogs there everyday, locked and loaded. No squirrel is gonna jump out of a tree and molest MY family!

We have some very liberal people in this state and most of them live within 20 miles of me.

Quote Originally Posted by LaraCroft10 View Post
    ...What if you had to draw on a BG, but he thought your gun was a Halloween prop? Too bad for him, I guess?
    Maybe the bullet holes in his or her chest cavity would help tell the difference. Either that or the loud bang and muzzle flash.

I guess I don't see why everyone's being so nice. With few exceptions, the only lawful purpose for using a gun in public (aside from hunting, etc) is to protect yourself from those you reasonably fear will cause death or serious bodily injury to you or another person. Mathematically, criminals are probably no more or less likely to cause your death or serious bodily injury on Halloween. If the presence of persons in costumes, theatrically startling one another in the spirit of Halloween is a situation that you feel may cause you to shoot or threaten people who pose no legitimate threat, then I'll answer your question. No! Do not carry a firearm.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links