My wife is going to get her CCL yahoo.

This is a discussion on My wife is going to get her CCL yahoo. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After watching the local TV news last night about the terrible shooting at a local salon that she has gone to she said to me ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: My wife is going to get her CCL yahoo.

After watching the local TV news last night about the terrible shooting at a local salon that she has gone to she said to me "its time that I get my concealed carry licence". I was jumping up and down in my head but said to her (like I normally do) YES DEAR!!
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Sometimes out of bad news comes good news.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Your wife is getting her carry permit from Yahoo???? Never mind, I get it now, I'm just a little slow!

In all seriousness, good for you and your wife. Its always good when another law abiding citizen decides its time to be prepared to defend herself if needed.

Does this mean she gets a nice new EDC for her next present?
    Regoria75 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    The thing to note though is that the salon had a "gun buster" sign which, if I'm not mistaken, has the force of law in Wisconsin. Hard to say whether a prosecutor would prosecute for a defensive shoot in a case like that (fortunately the case of Nazir Al-Mujaahid, who shot the robber in the Aldi's which was posted, he wasn't). But glad that the event at least has had some sort of positive to come out of it (your wife getting a permit and carrying). Make sure she gets regular practice and, if possible, some training. I realize you can't necessarily get professional training (heaven knows I want to but don't have the money) so it is just a suggestion. But the practice part is extremely important to get good at the gun she's going to carry and be able to at least have some reasonable assurance that she would hit what she wanted to hit and not hit anyone else.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

At a time when you hear more and more frequently about deadly shootings, it's always good to hear that more law abiding citizens are refusing to become victims. It is of course very important to know your state and local laws regarding legal carry.

Good deal, man. If I had a wife, I'd feel a lot better and worry a lot less if she were armed.

Congrats, hope that gives you a better feeling, I'm talking my girlfriend into getting hers cc, she loves to shoot

I think this is wonderful. You tell her from one woman to another I am very proud of her decision. We have to be able to defend our self. We can't always count on anyone being around to do it but our self.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

If MY wife was armed I'd be proud (and a little nervous...).
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

The ONLY bad thing about ones wife becoming a concealed handgun carrier is that you can quickly lose a really nicely tuned, CT laser equipped, night sighted GLOCK 19 so fast...that it'll make your head spin! Please don't ask me how I know. It's entirely too painful to explain. (*But the up side is - it's a clear, green light to go get ANOTHER carry pistol )
    lchamp likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    When my wife said she wanted a CCL, I immediately started shopping for a new gun for me...but I got a new one for her first! Then she said I could get TWO new guns...one for home defense and one for EDC.

Mrs. Ghost Tracker is a fine shot, a CCL carrier, a better bass catcher, cooks like Mom & is cuter than a box full of puppies. Sorry for (some of) your luck boys, but I got a Georgia Peach!

IMHO, any man who's lucky enough to have a wife with an ammo budget...is lucky enough!
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    Does this mean she gets a nice new EDC for her next present?
    That is an excellent question...........she likes my LCP but I am not sure if she should have a wheel gun instead. Something like an LCR. In either case I think she would appreciate a laser. One thing for sure (love her dearly) but she ain't getting my CM9. Selfish only child that I am. She is a pretty good shot thanks to her dad but a bunch of training is needed.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Congrats. How much experience does she have shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRuger101 View Post
    Congrats. How much experience does she have shooting?
    I have taken her to a bunch of MY range visits and she did pretty well. She has been hunting with her dad since she was 14 or so. Now she is 10 years from retirement (I did not say her age but easy to figure). Most of her experience is with long guns however. She is not afraid of guns just needs to get more familar with hand guns. Training, training and more training by someone other that me that is.
    BA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links