I have wanted to carry for some time and just took my class yesterday. Legal questions/possible hurdles for applying are as follows......
1. When I was 16 in 1990, I did something stupid (B&E) and got caught but I am unsure if I was technically arrested. I was a minor.
2. I do not remember what technically what the judgement was but I got about 250 hours of community service after admitting my wrongdoing.
3. I was also DUI in 1996 but the judge reduced the charge to reckless driving.
4. These two incidents took place back in Michigan. Does that matter since I am now in Texas?
5. I passed a FBI background check to work in government buildings (FBI and Secret Service) as an Architect.
I, of course, will be completely honest and open on my application. I have a friend in law enforcement and he has always encouraged me to get the CHL knowing about these two incidents.
Do I need to find or dig up any past information for the application?
Any thoughts to whether I will be denied?