Don't let your ego get in the way. - Page 7

Don't let your ego get in the way.

This is a discussion on Don't let your ego get in the way. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Most people need a beatdown, and the problem with a lot of people in the US now is they haven't been given a good beatdown....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Don't let your ego get in the way.

Most people need a beatdown, and the problem with a lot of people in the US now is they haven't been given a good beatdown.
    GrandZJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    ^^^^
    And did you report his crude behavior to Little League officials?
    Who do you suppose some of the onlookers afraid to say or do anything were?

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    Most people need a beatdown, and the problem with a lot of people in the US now is they haven't been given a good beatdown.
    For verbal abuse? Verbally calling you out, making fun of you? Those people 'need a beatdown?'

Meh, idiots are idiots....a beatdown may shut them up but it wont fix them. Ignoring them or walking away, that works for me.

With or without a gun, violence is rarely at the forefront of my choice in options to *deal with * anything. That childish 'feel good' option only leads to more of the same.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Wow, this topic sure is generating lots of interesting responses. I can tell you that since I began carrying, I am much more tolerant of other people's stupid behavior than I was before. It's kind of like when I learned martial arts when I was a teenager. I had nothing to prove. Since I knew I could take care of myself I was content to let stupid people be stupid, as long as it didn't directly affect my safety. Same applies here.

A big factor is where you live. In rural areas, people are more laid back and tolerant. In city areas like where I live, people can and will go after you for looking at them wrong. You don't even have to provoke some people to all of a sudden become a walking target. I'm regularly harassed by the homeless near where I work and even if you ignore them and keep walking, they'll follow you and start shouting.
    CaveJohnson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    For verbal abuse? Verbally calling you out, making fun of you? Those people 'need a beatdown?'

Meh, idiots are idiots....a beatdown may shut them up but it wont fix them. Ignoring them or walking away, that works for me.

With or without a gun, violence is rarely at the forefront of my choice in options to *deal with * anything. That childish 'feel good' option only leads to more of the same.
    No, just for existing as idiots.

VIP Member
    Scott the difference is this was not directed at you. Yes it was wrong for what he was doing but still not directed at you. Should it have switched from cussing the kid to cussing at you now what? Fist fight in the parking lot, get in a screaming match with him and then when it becomes physical how far do you go?

As I stated earlier Never argue with an idiot they will beat you with experience every time.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Scott the difference is this was not directed at you. Yes it was wrong for what he was doing but still not directed at you. Should it have switched from cussing the kid to cussing at you now what? Fist fight in the parking lot, get in a screaming match with him and then when it becomes physical how far do you go?

As I stated earlier Never argue with an idiot they will beat you with experience every time.
    Obviously, we draw our line in different places.

But I'm OK with that.

Don't let your ego get in the way.

Nice post, can't bring those thoughts to the front of the line to often.

Sent from my iPad

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links