Elementary School Parking, not in the building

This is a discussion on Elementary School Parking, not in the building within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Missouri, I have valid CCW. I pick my child up from school daily, and while entering the parking lot there is a sign that says ...

Thread: Elementary School Parking, not in the building

Missouri, I have valid CCW. I pick my child up from school daily, and while entering the parking lot there is a sign that says 'no firearms or weapons allowed on premises'. I do leave my weapon in the car while I retrieve my child. Does this violate the federal gun free school zone laws?

...sent from my mind, using telepathy!

Don't know about MO, but here is Texas, you can have the firearm in the parking lot, but as soon as you step on the curb, you cannot have the firarm on you. That means in the building, the playground, the track and field, etc... I usually unholster in the parking lot, but check the laws in your state.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

You will need to check your states laws. Here is does not. Similar to living within 1,000 feet of a school. If you did you can't own guns? Same principal. I can legally carry on campus but run the risk of getting terminated (job not life )
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

FEDERAL LAW: ON GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONE
    18 USC 922(q)(1) Federal Gun-Free School Zones
    Law: On Gun Free School Zone

See also you state law.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Sponsored Links