Potentially Restricted Areas

This is a discussion on Potentially Restricted Areas within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know of any major retail stores that do not allow concealed carry?...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By archer51

Thread: Potentially Restricted Areas

Potentially Restricted Areas

Does anyone know of any major retail stores that do not allow concealed carry?

2. Remove Ads

GH
    Do you mean retail stores in MI? I ran into two of them in Milwaukee yesterday - Mayfair Mall & Harbor Freight. I normally won't even bother going into those places if I see a sign but I was helping my buddy who was picking up something heavy at Harbor & I had to return a defective cable box to Time Warner located at Mayfair. I was a good guy & took my gun off both times & that didn't sit well with me.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Do you mean retail stores in MI? I ran into two of them in Milwaukee yesterday - Mayfair Mall & Harbor Freight. I normally won't even bother going into those places if I see a sign but I was helping my buddy who was picking up something heavy at Harbor & I had to return a defective cable box to Time Warner located at Mayfair. I was a good guy & took my gun off both times & that didn't sit well with me.
    Harbor Freight must be the local manager. We have 2 here in the Richmond VA area and neither are posted.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    You can scan over the list the NRA has put together of national chains that are anti gun, on the link below.

NRA-ILA | National Organizations With Anti-Gun Po

You might also contact your MI grass roots organization to see if they have a list of MI business that are anti 2A.
    SuperRuger101 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

MCRGO - Do Not Patronize while Armed.

Michigan specific but mostly complete

Thanks for the links! Helps out a lot.

To GH- Good to know about Mayfair Mall. I have a lot of family in Milwaukee and frequently go to Mayfair.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You can scan over the list the NRA has put together of national chains that are anti gun, on the link below.

NRA-ILA | National Organizations With Anti-Gun Po

You might also contact your MI grass roots organization to see if they have a list of MI business that are anti 2A.
    Did you notice how many of them began with "American"?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Did you notice how many of them began with "American"?
    Yep, American in name, restrictive in practices.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I am trying to find out the same thing (restricted businesses), for two big malls here in the Norfolk, VA area. I've gone through both of their respective websites, and neither of them makes any reference to being "a restricted" area. Plus, I've emailed them with no reply. It's frustrating to try to do the "right thing" only to drive up and see a posted sign saying "no weapons allowed."

Thoughts?

The Harbor Freight in West Allis Wi wasn't posted until recently, but now is. Apparently they have a corporate policy to post 'no weapons' which is pretty damn funky when they run two page ads in the NRA magazines. They like our dollars, but not our rights.

I no longer patronize them, and rarely did. They should call it China Freight, but then we might expect to find SKS and AK variants there.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRuger101 View Post
    I am trying to find out the same thing (restricted businesses), for two big malls here in the Norfolk, VA area. I've gone through both of their respective websites, and neither of them makes any reference to being "a restricted" area. Plus, I've emailed them with no reply. It's frustrating to try to do the "right thing" only to drive up and see a posted sign saying "no weapons allowed."

Thoughts?
    My thoughts are you that you are looking to hard. Look as you enter the building, if there is not a sign that jumps out at you dont give it another thought. Conceal and dont worry about it.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Links