Self defense shooting by legally licensed Wisconsinite

This is a discussion on Self defense shooting by legally licensed Wisconsinite within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good ending to a bad story! Now, if the second perp. takes the fall for his dead buddy, that would be just great!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Self defense shooting by legally licensed Wisconsinite

Good ending to a bad story! Now, if the second perp. takes the fall for his dead buddy, that would be just great!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

2. Remove Ads

Roon- while I agree with your point, everybody makes mistakes. The true test of a man is how he reacts to situations just like this one. If the GG was 100% diligent 100% of the time, it would be awfully hard to do anything or go anywhere, let alone have a job and family. I think we should let it go with a "well done" and learn from it. Yes, I realize it could have gone the other way and been a tragedy, but this time it was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    Looks like a pretty clear case of self defense. Too bad the good guy had to take one in the elbow though.

Teen charged after robbery victim kills alleged accomplice
    Thank god the man was armed.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    but I thought journalists were supposed to be masters of those along with accurate reporting. My bad.
    And that, my friend, is why I despise journalists.

I love stories with a happy ending. Good Guy and child are safe, scratch one scum bag, and one scum bag on his way to a long stay behind high walls.

Quote Originally Posted by FLSurfdog View Post
    I love stories with a happy ending. Good Guy and child are safe, scratch one scum bag, and one scum bag on his way to a long stay behind high walls.
    Touche.
    Former US Army SFC

Article also illustrates the NEED to train using "BOTH" hands, in the event your strong hand/arm is incapacitated due to a wound/hit, you still have the ability to return fire with opposite/weak side hand. Just sayin!!!
    sdprof and ep1953 like this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Article also illustrates the NEED to train using "BOTH" hands, in the event your strong hand/arm is incapacitated due to a wound/hit, you still have the ability to return fire with opposite/weak side hand. Just sayin!!!
    That is a good point.
    Former US Army SFC

Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    Glad it worked out ok, but the GG should work on his SA if he let a couple of kids get the jump on him like that.
    I am personally familiar with the area where this took place, and have to be there now and then late at night myself for my job.
    It is what just about anyone here would call a bad part of town. Not the worst, but top ten. It is also an area where buildings are all close to the road, mostly right at the sidewalk with places to hide all over. There is also a lot of foot traffic, so it is very easy for a bad guy to get close to you.
    I could see this happening to just about anyone there.
    NRA Life Member

StarPD45
    Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    And that, my friend, is why I despise journalists.
    The problem nowadays is there is virtually no such thing as a journalist.
    That clown "reporter" was no more a journalist than I'm from Mars. So typical, unfortunately.

Definitely a bad situation. I'm glad it worked out for the GG and his son. I am a bit concerned that this experience may have a negative effect on the son.

As if having a CHL changes the justifiability: he was a robbery victim being threatened with murder, and both his own life and the life of his child was in direct, immediate threat of erasure. Justifiable enough, irrespective of permissions from the state weenies.

I hate it when the media tug on heart strings in such ways.

Hopefully the little guy won't be too traumatized. Hopefully the father will be able to explain the situation enough so he doesn't grow up with an abject fear of guns, simply because there are robbers and murderers in the world.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links