Gun Permit Laws Eroding

This is a discussion on Gun Permit Laws Eroding within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SFCDan I have heard of many states starting to place more and more restrictions on licenses such as work purposes and target ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Gun Permit Laws Eroding

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array 1MoreGoodGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    5,961
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCDan View Post
    I have heard of many states starting to place more and more restrictions on licenses such as work purposes and target only.
    I have heard of this guy who use to work with a friend of my brother-in-law's sister's best friend from high school who said that sometimes people will try to make an assumption sound like a fact by prefacing the statement with the phrase, "I have heard". I have heard that this is true.
    wmhawth and pittypat21 like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member


    Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Ex Member Array CaveJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    329
    My state is governed from Boston, much like New York is from NYC and Albany. They make the rules for us, despite the rules not making sense at all.

    I was given a Class A LTC no restrictions which is the best permit I can get in my state. Boston? Hell no, you have to demonstrate a specific need, belong to a gun club and all this other nonsense.

  4. #18
    Ex Member Array dbglock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I have heard of this guy who use to work with a friend of my brother-in-law's sister's best friend from high school who said that sometimes people will try to make an assumption sound like a fact by prefacing the statement with the phrase, "I have heard". I have heard that this is true.
    I think the one where the speaker is even more confident he has you fooled is when he starts with: "Studies show ..."

    Studies show that most people who fall for this are imbeciles.

  5. #19
    Member Array minimalbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    370
    I have a need. I need a gun because the city can not assign a cop to stand by my side 24 hours a day.
    wraithls1 likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

  6. #20
    VIP Member
    Array archer51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    21,193
    Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    I have a need. I need a gun because the city can not assign a cop to stand by my side 24 hours a day.
    Nope, but they can assign a team to figure out what happened...go figure.
    minimalbrat likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

    USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

  7. #21
    Ex Member Array CaveJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    329
    Massachusetts: Where Stricter Gun Laws = Fewer Deaths | Boston Daily

    Anti-Gun Article from my state

    vs.

    Evidence and Statistics Supporting the failure of MA Gun Law

    Pro Gun article from my state

    That's why I hate talking about gun statistics, both sides have statistics to support their argument. It becomes an endless ******* contest.

  8. #22
    VIP Member Array 1MoreGoodGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    5,961
    Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    I think the one where the speaker is even more confident he has you fooled is when he starts with: "Studies show ..."

    Studies show that most people who fall for this are imbeciles.
    Or how about when the speaker says, "Let me be perfectly clear..." and is anything but perfectly clear.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member


    Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

  9. #23
    Ex Member Array dbglock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    Massachusetts: Where Stricter Gun Laws = Fewer Deaths | Boston Daily

    Anti-Gun Article from my state

    vs.

    Evidence and Statistics Supporting the failure of MA Gun Law

    Pro Gun article from my state

    That's why I hate talking about gun statistics, both sides have statistics to support their argument. It becomes an endless ******* contest.
    And they could both be right. The numbers they introduce aren't contradictory. One says MA is safer than other states, and declares it to be because of the 1998 gun law (his opinion). The other says MA is more deadly than it was prior to 1998, so his opinion is that the gun law made the state worse. Apples (other states) and oranges (MA before law). Of course most imbeciles can't cipher that out and will believe the side that mirrors their political inclinations and the "statisticians" are well aware of that.

  10. #24
    Ex Member Array dbglock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Or how about when the speaker says, "Let me be perfectly clear..." and is anything but perfectly clear.
    "It's not about the money ..."

  11. #25
    VIP Member Array pittypat21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    Massachusetts: Where Stricter Gun Laws = Fewer Deaths | Boston Daily

    Anti-Gun Article from my state

    vs.

    Evidence and Statistics Supporting the failure of MA Gun Law

    Pro Gun article from my state

    That's why I hate talking about gun statistics, both sides have statistics to support their argument. It becomes an endless ******* contest.
    First article - nothing to do with MA., everything to do with Martin/Zimmerman and Florida's racist cops. That article was so racially fueled it was hard to read.

    State A has fewer shooting deaths than State B. That really doesn't mean anything. If the article is supposed to argue a law's success or failure, then you need ONLY look at that state. State A before gun law, and State A after gun law introduced. As we can clearly see in Article 2 (which presents actual data relevant to the argument), State A after gun law was introduced had a rise in gun-related crime.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

  12. #26
    Ex Member Array lizjimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    157
    The nice thing about Virginia is that an application for a concealed carry permit is no longer at the discretion of the circuit court judge. It used to be that if you lived in a highly urban area of the state it was almost impossible to get a permit. The Virginia Supreme Court changed the rules and Virginia is a "shall issue" state. Unless you have some record of recent lawlessness, they go back at least 3 years, or are prohibited from possessing a firearm because of a past felony and you haven't had your rights restored or you were adjudged mentally defective and haven't been declared sane yet, then in all likelihood a ccw will be issued. It would be nice if we didn't need to make application for a ccw, but then again if you are not a scoundrel then you will get it. Other states like California want you to splain why you want one and it better be a good reason. But I guess the folks in California want it that way!

  13. #27
    Ex Member Array pir8fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    373
    "Look at the stats if we can believe them.
    In 1980, 46% of Americans requested permits. In 2011 that number was at 36%. This is quite telling if the numbers are accurate."

    Pure garbage. Depending on the state, between 1% and 4% of the people to through the permitting application each year.

  14. #28
    VIP Member
    Array Echo_Four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Land of the mostly free
    Posts
    2,828
    46% of Americans requested permits a decade or more before most states started having permits... have to love logic like that.

    There's a word for this... I'm not allowed to say it though.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

  15. #29
    Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,234
    [QUOTE=pittypat21;2434737] I've looked through 36 of these 40 states and only one so far states that the sheriff must determine that the applicant is of good character and a "proper person" to be licensed (your home state of Indiana). In other states with similar mention, this determination is specifically stated to be made by the background check.

    My point exactly.
    Other than the obvious felony etc, WHO or WHAT determines if a person is of good character?

  16. #30
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,822
    [QUOTE=RightsEroding;2435664]
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    I've looked through 36 of these 40 states and only one so far states that the sheriff must determine that the applicant is of good character and a "proper person" to be licensed (your home state of Indiana). In other states with similar mention, this determination is specifically stated to be made by the background check.

    My point exactly.
    Other than the obvious felony etc, WHO or WHAT determines if a person is of good character?
    Respectfully, you had no point. In your own words you said it was a rant. You went on to give totally bogus numbers and stats. Then you say you have to have money or have political friends or whatever to get a CCP. If that was your point you could have used facts and brevity to illustrate your point of view in a more clear and concise and factual way.

    Again-Welcome to the forum!
    CaveJohnson likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

appeal denied gun permit indiana

,

how long does it take to get a gun license in ma

,

indiana gun license appeal process

,

indiana gun permit denied

,

ma gun permits 2012

,

ma license for dart gun

,

new hampshire gun rights eroding

,

reasons for denial of gun permit in indiana

Click on a term to search for related topics.