Gun Permit Laws Eroding

This is a discussion on Gun Permit Laws Eroding within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; [QUOTE=RightsEroding;2435664] Originally Posted by pittypat21 I've looked through 36 of these 40 states and only one so far states that the sheriff must determine that ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Gun Permit Laws Eroding

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=RightsEroding;2435664]
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    I've looked through 36 of these 40 states and only one so far states that the sheriff must determine that the applicant is of good character and a "proper person" to be licensed (your home state of Indiana). In other states with similar mention, this determination is specifically stated to be made by the background check.

My point exactly.
    Other than the obvious felony etc, WHO or WHAT determines if a person is of good character?
    You are trying to sell sailboat fuel.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

2. Remove Ads

[QUOTE=RightsEroding;2435664]
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    I've looked through 36 of these 40 states and only one so far states that the sheriff must determine that the applicant is of good character and a "proper person" to be licensed (your home state of Indiana). In other states with similar mention, this determination is specifically stated to be made by the background check.

My point exactly.
    Other than the obvious felony etc, WHO or WHAT determines if a person is of good character?
    That wasn't your point, actually, because I was wholeheartedly disagreeing with you and using that information to disprove your opinion. YOUR POINT was that THROUGHOUT the entire US people are being denied their permits right and left for no legal reason whatsoever, constantly. This is just completely false and has no basis in fact. My point was very far from your point.

If you're unaware of what else can disqualify an individual for a permit, then you need to read your state's laws more thoroughly on licensing. Along with your state's laws on licensing, anything from the state or federal laws that would bar a person from possessing a firearm would also bar them from receiving a carry license/permit.
    OldVet likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    [QUOTE=Mike1956;2435673]
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    You are trying to sell sailboat fuel.
    A lot of sailboats use fuel.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    LOL yeah hot air. Just kidding.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=OldVet;2435739]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post

Drop your check in the mail, and I will be happy to send you as much as you like.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Ahhhh...Welcome to the forum RightsEroding...Isn't it great to step into a place where there are so many "knowledgeable" individuals that are capabable of discussing points of interest to us all...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links