Woman are to stupid to choose their own guns.

This is a discussion on Woman are to stupid to choose their own guns. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just remember, women PRACTICE daily putting on that makeup while driving and talking on their sell phone. I still think a small .38 revolver is ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Woman are to stupid to choose their own guns.

Just remember, women PRACTICE daily putting on that makeup while driving and talking on their sell phone.

I still think a small .38 revolver is a good choice for anyone that won't practice clearing a malfunction enough to where it is habit if something happens. I choose a semi-auto, but I like to practice. My wife, not so much.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    He's an attention whore, makes money on being captain obvious in the extreme or by pushing an unpopular button (1911's suck, 40's suck, etc).

I much prefer Mr Colin Noir's videos. MrColionNoir Gun Channel - YouTube
    Mr Noir normally does an adequate job on whatever subject he happens to be reviewing...Now, with that being said, a search of Mr Noir's videos reveals absolutely NOTHING in regards to "revolvers", "snubbies", "guns for women", etc. Soooooo I guess Mr. Noir leaves a BIG VOID when it comes to those particular subjects. Seems Yeager does have the kahunas to take them on and present them, regardless of what one might think of his motives, attitude, etc. I do give Mr. Noir credit in the fact that he also, LIKE YEAGER, espouses the valueof the Glock 19 as an excellent SHTF weapon...Just sayin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I think jimmy wants to be the "shock jock" of firearms
    Hmmm...what's so "shock jockish" about critiquing and giving an opinion. It's kinda like yours AND mine, everyone has one and everyone doesn't necessarily
    agree with what is said. Do his "interesting" and sometimes "extreme" video titles draw attention...Sure they do. Isn't that the reason one makes a video is to garner attention and have the most folks possible view it? Seems like, if you leave yourself with an open mind, garner what might be of value to yourself and discard the remainder, you would be better off, regardless of how "shock jockish" it might be...JMO

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Forget the grain of salt, I take anything he says with a whole box of salt. I had a hard time listening when right out of the box he's busting on a snubbie 38. They are simple, they are easy to shoot, and if a woman (or man) practices with it, are accurate.
    I most always agree with you archer...BUT in this circumstance I have to disagree. Perhaps you and I might find the .38 snubbie an easy weapon to shoot. But, I dare say, a woman just choosing her first weapon, or a woman with minimal experience in firearms and shooting, would find the .38 snubbie quite "snappy", not an easy weapon to master, and not lending itself to "wanting" to train with it nor carry it on a regular basis. That in itself could end up turning a woman off completely from carrying a firearm. Now, once they have a bit more experience, then the .38 snubbie gives them ONE more option for a carry weapon.

I think the points Yeager made are quite valid with the "majority" of women, not necessarily "all" women. I know for a fact, both my wife and daughter, dislike shooting my S&W 642 Airweight .38 snubbie. Heaven forbid loading it with +p as some folks on here propose. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I think ol James had a little too much Red Bull before this video.
    Reminds me of Tourette's Syndrome.
    Thunder71 likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Yeah, the whole shoulder twitch thing? Nervous tick me thinks.

Finally built up my tolerance to watch it, actually I'll say it's one of his better attempts... guy still bugs me, but he makes some good points and I agree with most of them.

I can't believe he finally made a video that could be aired on television... his mom must have doing the recording. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Yeah, the whole shoulder twitch thing? Nervous tick me thinks.

Finally built up my tolerance to watch it, actually I'll say it's one of his better attempts... guy still bugs me, but he makes some good points
    and I agree with most of them.

I can't believe he finally made a video that could be aired on television... his mom must have doing the recording. :)
    That was my experience as well. I find it discomforting to watch his videos. Just watching him tends to make me, I don't know, almost nervous myself. I agree he makes some good points in his videos. I guess I just need to "build up a tolerance" to his mannerisms.

I try to hate James Yeager, but everything he says makes sense to me. This video is no different. Smart guy.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I wanted to get my wife a revolver as her first gun, because they are easy to operate. She wanted a PX4 Storm in .40 S&W. You can guess who who, that Beretta is a nice shooting gun.

Quote Originally Posted by giz5792 View Post
    I wanted to get my wife a revolver as her first gun, because they are easy to operate. She wanted a PX4 Storm in .40 S&W. You can guess who who, that Beretta is a nice shooting gun.
    Smart man!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

How many times have you seen a post that starts out "What gun should I buy my wire/girl friend for self defense.". I always chuckle to myself and think why don't you let HER buy the gun she wants. Women read gun magazines and internet post also! She might have a very good idea of what she wants. If she's not sure what she wants take her to a range that rents guns and let her try out some for herself.
    MrsHB likes this.
    gunfighter 48
    A 45 may not expand but it will never be smaller than .45!!!
    NRA Life Member

What about..".if you dont 'like' firing your firearm, you wont practice with it?"

Makes it much harder to develop consistent trigger control.

Isnt that why so many people start newbies with .22s? So their experiences are good, they enjoy shooting, they are less likely to develop flinching, closing their eyes, or other bad habits?

Those little lightwt revolvers are nasty to shoot and point lousy too, from my experience...which is just range experimentation.
    MrsHB likes this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    i've been saying this for a long time now. Just ask people when they say women should only carry revolvers...convo would go something like this
    "while sir you have the right to your opinion, you are 100% wrong. Not every women should carry a revolver. Do Women in Law Enforcement still carry revolvers?"

response sounds like this: "umm well ahh ummm"

Point for the semi auto wheeling women who can shoot and use them well.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Hes right on all points in this video. I always laugh then I see a thread that say "help find my wife her 1st gun" and there is always a handful of jesters that pipe up and say, "oh get her a j-frame". It never fails. I think a snub nose .38 is the worst gun that a new shooter (man or woman) can buy. There is a lot to overcome like reloading, finding the targets on crappy sights, and then its the recoil. I would hope that one would just rent a bunch of guns and see which one would suit her the best. A month back, I was at the range and this new shooter just bought a brand new Kel-tec 380 under the guide of her son..... yes, it was pink BTW. Needless to say, her range time was less than enjoyable. The kick was too much for her, and she couldn't hit crap. She was so put off that when she was offered to shoot a G17, she said no and that she was done shooting for the day.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Forget the grain of salt, I take anything he says with a whole box of salt. I had a hard time listening when right out of the box he's busting on a snubbie 38. They are simple, they are easy to shoot, and if a woman (or man) practices with it, are accurate.
    A 38 special was my first gun. Wasn't hard to learn to shoot. Very accurate and got better real fast. I am not sure he is really down on the .38 just that there are maybe better guns for the first gun.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    Just remember, women PRACTICE daily putting on that makeup while driving and talking on their sell phone.

I still think a small .38 revolver is a good choice for anyone that won't practice clearing a malfunction enough to where it is habit if something happens. I choose a semi-auto, but I like to practice. My wife, not so much.
    Many people love revolvers and it isn't because they wont practice clearing malfunctions and they love to practice shooting. I saw a man one time taking a picture out of the drivers side window on the express way while he was driving. Wonder if he was practicing :)
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

VIP Member
    He's an attention whore, makes money on being captain obvious in the extreme or by pushing an unpopular button (1911's suck, 40's suck, etc).
    Thunder. I have shot and carried 1911's for years and have never had an issue so the video kind of pushed my buttons at first to. After watching it again and more importantly the part 2 I understand his points. In the part 2 of the video he goes to Wilson Combat one of the most respected 1911 makers in the business and discusses his comments, concerns to which they make a lot of sense.

1911s SUCK Part II - YouTube

In regards to the .40 sucks video. It is an opinion, an opinion that many share. I do not have any .40 caliber guns anymore there was simply nothing a .40 cal could do that the 9mm could not.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links