Woman are to stupid to choose their own guns.

This is a discussion on Woman are to stupid to choose their own guns. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a video by James Yeager. It is not what you think from the title and brings home some good points. Women are too ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Woman are to stupid to choose their own guns.

VIP Member

Woman are to stupid to choose their own guns.

This is a video by James Yeager. It is not what you think from the title and brings home some good points.

Women are too Stupid to Choose Their Own Gun - YouTube

Warning....Warning...Warning he says the word ass.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

I think ol James had a little too much Red Bull before this video.
    marcclarke and BaconHunter like this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I think ol James had a little too much Red Bull before this video.
    Yeah! Me too!

VIP Member
    Forget the grain of salt, I take anything he says with a whole box of salt. I had a hard time listening when right out of the box he's busting on a snubbie 38. They are simple, they are easy to shoot, and if a woman (or man) practices with it, are accurate.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I think Mr. Yeager was making a specific point about a specific issue he has with others saying women can't make decisions about guns because there're women. The title alone is designed to get attention, then he goes into what point we really wants to make. Intresting video noetheless.
    sdprof likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Forget the grain of salt, I take anything he says with a whole box of salt. I had a hard time listening when right out of the box he's busting on a snubbie 38. They are simple, they are easy to shoot, and if a woman (or man) practices with it, are accurate.
    I don't want to get into the habit of defending Yeager, but he didn't really bust on them... he said they are hard to shoot and don't hold a lot of bullets... which I tend to agree with. Snubbies have a decent kick and the long trigger pull of a DA can make them more difficult to shoot accurately.
    First Sgt likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Best quote, "Why is he giving you a gun he wouldn't carry?"
    Spec and Fisher10 like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Yes .38 snubbies are easy to shoot point and pull the trigger and can be accurate in the right hands however they they also can have a significant amount of recoil and have a limited number of rounds. You said the key words "if a woman (or man) practices with it". Generally speaking a short barreled revolver takes more than the usual amount of practice to become proficient with it.

I do agree with Brad though I don't think he was bashing on them just using it as an example. He also used a pink gripped .25 auto.
    nedrgr21 likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member
    Good video with accurate info.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

He's right...

Women are capable.
    goldshellback likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

CJM
    I couldn't find anything in that video to critique him on. All good points.

For once I liked what he said. I would however suggest a model 1100 youth Auto over the 870. Less intensive training curve-just point and click; or rather bang. And as he said "kill the $h1+ outa someone"

He's an attention whore, makes money on being captain obvious in the extreme or by pushing an unpopular button (1911's suck, 40's suck, etc).

I much prefer Mr Colin Noir's videos. MrColionNoir Gun Channel - YouTube

Content of video ,,,, basically GOOD,,,,, Title line,,,, just to get your attention,,,,, basically
    he is just saying he his an AUTO guy,,,, dishes revolvers,,, KINDA,,,, take it with a grain
    of SALT,,,, he likes autos ,,,, & is decided AUTOS are the best,,, JUST HIS OPINION.

I think jimmy wants to be the "shock jock" of firearms
    BritishAgent likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links