Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park Posted?

This is a discussion on Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park Posted? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Taking the wife to a play there next week, curious if posted. My guess is yes, but any locals been there?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park Posted?

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park Posted?

Taking the wife to a play there next week, curious if posted. My guess is yes, but any locals been there?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

It's posted on their site here.

Geez, I wen through their site and missed that? Getting old. I guess its street parking for me.

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Geez, I wen through their site and missed that? Getting old. I guess its street parking for me.
    Any business which offers to search me upon entry as a condition of entry doesn't get my business.
    ccw9mm and _Hawkeye_ like this.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Is this the outdoor theater thing? Or is there an indoor building there that I dont know about?
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

VIP Member
    It is an indoor theater. Street parking is VERY limited on Mt. Adams and particularly in the area around the theater.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Since not going is not an option, it is either try to find street parking and lock the firearm in the car (and then have to walk unarmed to the theater) or go unarmed and park in the garage. Not the best choices but the garage appears to be well lit and there will be people coming and going at the same time for the play, so not like walking around the street alone after dark. We do carry OC spray. The play better be good...

I think looking on a webiste for a firearms policy is a little too much. In the future, glance at the door you enter and if a sign jumps out and bites you, well then you know, otherwise, dont worry about it.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

I don't remember seeing any signs posted at the entrance when I was there in June.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Since not going is not an option, it is either try to find street parking and lock the firearm in the car (and then have to walk unarmed to the theater) or go unarmed and park in the garage. Not the best choices but the garage appears to be well lit and there will be people coming and going at the same time for the play, so not like walking around the street alone after dark. We do carry OC spray. The play better be good...
    For me that choice is pretty easy. I would park in the garage. No way I would opt to walk the streets of Mt. Adams unarmed if I had a choice of being in an area where lots of people are gathering.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    I think looking on a webiste for a firearms policy is a little too much. In the future, glance at the door you enter and if a sign jumps out and bites you, well then you know, otherwise, dont worry about it.
    "Too much" of what? He wanted to know the policy, so you go where you can find out without having to call (which I would never do). I certainly don't make a habit of driving by the Playhouse in the Park (I haven't been there since a field trip in grade school) so I can't see if it's posted. When the sign carries the force of law, it's a good idea to take heed, at least IMO.

I wouldn't worry about Mt. Adams. I've had relatives living up there for 25 years, no problems. There's robberies but the BG's go for easy marks: drunks, early a.m. And it's not all that often.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

You may want to research the ORC, and what it says about prohibitions on parking facilities.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by krisspy View Post
    "Too much" of what? He wanted to know the policy, so you go where you can find out without having to call (which I would never do). I certainly don't make a habit of driving by the Playhouse in the Park (I haven't been there since a field trip in grade school) so I can't see if it's posted. When the sign carries the force of law, it's a good idea to take heed, at least IMO.
    Too much looking. Go there, go to enter the place, and if a sign jumps out at you, then fine, if not, then that is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    Too much looking. Go there, go to enter the place, and if a sign jumps out at you, then fine, if not, then that is fine too.
    In Ohio such signs carry the weight of law. So, no, it isn't fine.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links