What arrangements do you make before bedtime?

This is a discussion on What arrangements do you make before bedtime? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Every night before bed I put everything that could be used against me away and leave one of my handguns in the top drawer of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What arrangements do you make before bedtime?

Every night before bed I put everything that could be used against me away and leave one of my handguns in the top drawer of a nightstand. Anyone make any special preparations before going to bed?

I don\'t have to do much. Usually I\'m the last to go to bed so I check all the doors downstairs,and turn on the alarm. Pistol & shotgun are within reach near my side of the bed.:kay:

Take the dogs out??

Also visit the bathroom myself;)

I tend to be a light sleeper. Too many nights spent in an alert facility.

Shotgun loaded with slugs is handy, handgun is at hand.

Plan is simple, home invaders can have what is downstairs, but the stairwell is mine.

The Std lock the doors set the alarm put carry gun in the safe head to bed check the bed side table gun and Ar-15 all is ok go to bed

VIP Member
    Let the alarms out, give them a treat, check doors, put carry gun in nightstand, and go to bed. No kids so certain things are static unless being used, checked or cleaned.

Administrator
    Set Sonitrol - Glass of Chocolate milk - 3 Cookies - Take HOT Shower - Brush Teeth - Ithaca Model 37 - Fluff Up Pillow - Kiss Both Wife & Girlfriend Good Night - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

DC Founder
    I let the dog out for one final time, do a check of all doors and find out who\'s home and who\'s not, turn on the alarm. The dog sleeps in our room so I don\'t normally lock the bedroom door when I go to bed, but I do close it. I also put up everything that could be used against me if someone did disable the alarm, break in and catch the dog during a deep sleep and get in our room, which is not likely.

I keep one of my guns on the headboard next to the phone and my E2E.

Check all doors, close and lock the bedroom door, and unlock the shotgun.

I take all my guns off safe, unlock all doors, and unsheath all my knives in case someone needs to use them......wait a sec, what was the question again? :O

Open the \'safe'room. Release the hounds. Check the safety on the nighthawk, shotgun. Kiss the dogs, wife, kid in that order and hit the hay. ;)

before bedtime??

I really do not do anything special... I have a gun by my bed 24/7... so I check its condition a couple times a week.

Doors locked... I leave 2 small lights on downstairs.. burgler can see better.. and I can see him better form upstairs in no light..

I put my carry gun away in a location accessible if I came down stairs empty handed and needed to acquire something quickly..

Probably should....
    Check my bed gun nightly to be sure it is ready...

not go downstairs without ... but I have an alarm dog who barks when even my feet rach the portch..

Pat

Nightime.

I take the dog for her final walk, lock the front door, and close the baby gate (we have a toddler) at the stairs on the second level (first level is garage, entrance, and \"basement\"). I close the gate so anyone coming upstairs will have to open it, hopefullly making noise while they figure it out. On the third floor, where the bedrooms are located, I put my normal pocket junk in the drawer, and put the CCW in the bedside lockbox. Since I have a small child, I don\'t leave guns out, even if they could be hidden. I do keep a 6 cell maglight on the nightstand and our dog sleeps in our bedroom. The lockbox has a keypad and can be opened by \"feel\" if necessary.

It\'s my hope that anyone coming into the house at night will make enough noise to alert us or the dog. If they get in, they have to come up two flights of stairs to get to us.

Chris

Make sure the doors are locked & lights turned off. Brush the teeth and visit the men\'s reading room. Kiss the Mrs. (babes already done, but check on them too since my daughter prefers to sleep on the floor My \'night guns'are already in speed safe (typically my 1911 and the 870). Then off to dreamland.

Final check o f the doors, let the dog in the bedroom, put the gun on the nightstand, knives within reach behind the headboard on the sill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links