Defensive Carry banner

My first day with my new permit.... went to Walmart.

6K views 44 replies 37 participants last post by  sigpistolero 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd check in and share that I finally got my CCW here in Florida... only took 3 MONTHS!!! I shouldn't have mailed it. Anyway, I took the obligatory trip to Walmart, which was uneventful... I do realize that after wearing my holster (Blackhawk leather clip-on IWB) doing errands all day, that I will need a more comfortable holster for all day carry.

I really want a leather holster. I am in love with the Brigade Leather M-11, but they aren't accepting new orders because of a 10 month backlog. I've got eyes on a UGB Canute or a TT Stronghold or Milt Sparks Versa Max... anybody have any experience with these? Thanks.

#33 ·
I have the TT Stronghold IWB holsters for my CZ and sig. Very nice holster. Had them within 2 weeks.

#35 ·
Congrats on getting your CCW. Glad your Wally Walk was just another walk, did my walk about 8 years ago. Good luck with finding the holster you need, it takes awhile and pretty soon you will have a good supply!!

I haven't read all the post here so I don't know what you carry but I have one of TT's IWB holsters for a 380 that I really like.

http://www.ttgunleather.com/ or

http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/

#40 ·
Congrats! Uneventful is good. :smile:

#41 ·
Contrary to popular belief, I have a Milt Sparks VM II Have never been fully comfortable with it. First off, it's hard to put on, and the problems esculate from there.
Went to a Crossbreed Supertuck, which I feel was an improvement. Now have an Old Faithful. Have been switching off between the 3, and gradually working into something I'm completely comfortable with. To each his own, they say. It's definitely not "one size fits all"

#43 ·
Congrats! A good holster or two or more is a must. A high end holster has a long waiting period. But it's worth it. I bought a Mtac for my Glocks. Even though it's a hybid holster it is quite comfy. And no crosses on the clips! I bought mine while I was debating on which all leather holster to order. I ended up just using the Mtac. Other than shaping itself to me and the gun it still looks good!

#44 ·
Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro is the way to go for all day comfort IWB or OWB. They are a bit pricey, but if you start there, you won't have a box of unused cheaper holsters. I carry my PK BOP in IWB mode from the time I get up til I go to bed and frequently forget it is on.

#45 ·
Hand made, horsehide leather CrossBreed style IWB holster, $40 shipped!

If anybody is interested in a CrossBreed style IWB holster, I strongly urge you to check with Dustin Osborn and his Ozarks Holster Company. His email address is dosborn81@yahoo.com. Here is a link showing pictures of his holsters:

Ozarks Holster Co. - IWB Kydex/Horsehide Holsters *Walther P99 now available* - Topic

Very high quality craftsmanship, excellent customer service, and it took less than 1 WEEK from ordering to having it delivered! The best part - my handmade, horsehide leather holster was $40 SHIPPED! You will not be disappointed! And no, I am not related to Dustin in any way. I was just so incredibly impressed with his holster and his high level of customer service that I thought I would share this with others looking for a similar holster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.