My first day with my new permit.... went to Walmart. - Page 3

My first day with my new permit.... went to Walmart.

This is a discussion on My first day with my new permit.... went to Walmart. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DaGunny Congrats on the new permit! It won't be long before it will become 2nd nature. You might as well clean out ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: My first day with my new permit.... went to Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    Congrats on the new permit! It won't be long before it will become 2nd nature. You might as well clean out a drawer now. You'll need it for all of the holsters you're going to collect...LOL
    For real! I already have 2... and 2 days into carrying, I need a couple more. lol
    Glock 26 Gen3 (EDC)
    Glock 21 Gen2 (HD)

Congrats on the new permit and the successful Wally World Walk.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
    Just thought I'd check in and share that I finally got my CCW here in Florida... only took 3 MONTHS!!! I shouldn't have mailed it. Anyway, I took the obligatory trip to Walmart, which was uneventful... I do realize that after wearing my holster (Blackhawk leather clip-on IWB) doing errands all day, that I will need a more comfortable holster for all day carry.

I really want a leather holster. I am in love with the Brigade Leather M-11, but they aren't accepting new orders because of a 10 month backlog. I've got eyes on a UGB Canute or a TT Stronghold or Milt Sparks Versa Max... anybody have any experience with these? Thanks.
    I have the TT Stronghold IWB holsters for my CZ and sig. Very nice holster. Had them within 2 weeks.

Look in here... High Noon Holsters

High Noon will get you a quality holster pretty quickly.
    wingryder likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats on getting your CCW. Glad your Wally Walk was just another walk, did my walk about 8 years ago. Good luck with finding the holster you need, it takes awhile and pretty soon you will have a good supply!!

I haven't read all the post here so I don't know what you carry but I have one of TT's IWB holsters for a 380 that I really like.

http://www.ttgunleather.com/ or

http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
    Now, I just need to get the holster situation worked out.
    Look into nate squared's IWB holsters. index I used to use the DeSantis Insider but quickly bought the original from nate squared once I discovered it, and have never turned back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    +1 on the Crossbreed supertuck.. 38 days into a 90 day wait
    Wow that is the waiting period??

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    You might as well clean out a drawer now. You'll need it for all of the holsters you're going to collect...LOL
    Aint that the truth

And there is no waiting period... all of them are in stock for the most common pistols.
    fail_187 likes this.

Congrats! Uneventful is good.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Contrary to popular belief, I have a Milt Sparks VM II Have never been fully comfortable with it. First off, it's hard to put on, and the problems esculate from there.
    Went to a Crossbreed Supertuck, which I feel was an improvement. Now have an Old Faithful. Have been switching off between the 3, and gradually working into something I'm completely comfortable with. To each his own, they say. It's definitely not "one size fits all"

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    congrats on the new permit
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Congrats! A good holster or two or more is a must. A high end holster has a long waiting period. But it's worth it. I bought a Mtac for my Glocks. Even though it's a hybid holster it is quite comfy. And no crosses on the clips! I bought mine while I was debating on which all leather holster to order. I ended up just using the Mtac. Other than shaping itself to me and the gun it still looks good!
    wingryder likes this.
    Question Everything!

VIP Member
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro is the way to go for all day comfort IWB or OWB. They are a bit pricey, but if you start there, you won't have a box of unused cheaper holsters. I carry my PK BOP in IWB mode from the time I get up til I go to bed and frequently forget it is on.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Hand made, horsehide leather CrossBreed style IWB holster, $40 shipped!

If anybody is interested in a CrossBreed style IWB holster, I strongly urge you to check with Dustin Osborn and his Ozarks Holster Company. His email address is dosborn81@yahoo.com. Here is a link showing pictures of his holsters:

Ozarks Holster Co. - IWB Kydex/Horsehide Holsters *Walther P99 now available* - Topic

Very high quality craftsmanship, excellent customer service, and it took less than 1 WEEK from ordering to having it delivered! The best part - my handmade, horsehide leather holster was $40 SHIPPED! You will not be disappointed! And no, I am not related to Dustin in any way. I was just so incredibly impressed with his holster and his high level of customer service that I thought I would share this with others looking for a similar holster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links