My first day with my new permit.... went to Walmart.

This is a discussion on My first day with my new permit.... went to Walmart. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just thought I'd check in and share that I finally got my CCW here in Florida... only took 3 MONTHS!!! I shouldn't have mailed it. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: My first day with my new permit.... went to Walmart.

My first day with my new permit.... went to Walmart.

Just thought I'd check in and share that I finally got my CCW here in Florida... only took 3 MONTHS!!! I shouldn't have mailed it. Anyway, I took the obligatory trip to Walmart, which was uneventful... I do realize that after wearing my holster (Blackhawk leather clip-on IWB) doing errands all day, that I will need a more comfortable holster for all day carry.

I really want a leather holster. I am in love with the Brigade Leather M-11, but they aren't accepting new orders because of a 10 month backlog. I've got eyes on a UGB Canute or a TT Stronghold or Milt Sparks Versa Max... anybody have any experience with these? Thanks.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

2. Remove Ads

In colder weather I use a ubg regulator OWB and it can't be beat.
    Semper Fi

Congratulations on getting your permit! Glad your Wally walk was uneventful, as it should be. I'm not familiar with any of the holsters you mentioned so I can't comment on which would be better.

Congrats.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Excellent man, just waiting on snail mail now!
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Congrats!

Thanks all! Feels good to be armed again. I used to OC many years ago when I lived in Arizona... I have felt naked without a firearm. Now, I just need to get the holster situation worked out.
    fail_187 likes this.

Congrat on the ccl. I haven't done the walmart thing because I haven't been into a walmart in months but I did take my gun with me to the local food store lol. Do you notice you pay more attention to what is going on around you now?
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Well there's no open carry here in Florida unless your a police officer so don't try it lol. As for the leather holster I don't have a leather one but I use a crossbreed Supertuck deluxe for my glock 26. It is on me All day long, from when I wake up till I got to sleep and it's almost like its not there.
    wingryder likes this.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Good times!
    just a heads up, I have bought from Pompano Pawn, they tend to have good prices at the gun shows, never been over there to their store tho.
    If I got your location wrong, disregard.

+1 on the Crossbreed supertuck.. 38 days into a 90 day wait

I have been surfing the internet for holster makers. All of the good ones have a huge back order! I don't know if that is a good sign or not, but it is a Pain in the south side if you want a good holster!

I guess holster making would be my next millionaire opportunity missed. lol

Congratulations! For a great IWB holster check out White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

FoxX Holsters are CBST style and I got mine in less than a week. Its very comfortable

Milt Sparks never makes anyone unhappy, except perhaps...the makers of cheap holsters. Worth the wait & worth the money. Congrats on successful concealment! It gets easier as you become more accustomed.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links