Took my wife out for dinner.

This is a discussion on Took my wife out for dinner. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was talking to a cop friend and she said in SD if you conceal carry in a business that doesn't want weapons, all they ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Took my wife out for dinner.

South Dakota

I was talking to a cop friend and she said in SD if you conceal carry in a business that doesn't want weapons, all they can do is tell you to leave. So if you are concealed, they shouldn't even know about it.
    ArmyMan likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sty57 View Post
    This past weekend I took my wife out for our anniversary. As always I look for posting outside before I go into a building, not seeing any we went in and had a nice meal. Now as we are leaving inside the entryway up on the wall it was posted NO CONCEALED CARRY. My question is how can they post inside the building but not outside. Would I all ready be braking the all once I cross the threshold of the building?
    Upon seeing the sign, did you leave or did you stay?

In any case, wether posted properly or not, wether legal or legal to carry there, send a written letter or an email to the owner explaining why you won't go there anymore. Then go find someplace else to take the wife.

In my opinion, "gun people" are the best kind of people. Helpful, thoughtful, and charitable. In spite of that, your State Attorney or your personal lawyer who you pay to interpret the lae for you are probably a better choice for legal advice. The people here that live all over the place will write a letter to the owner of your restsurant if you give a link. People that will never travel there will take the owner to task for the sign, but they won't get arrested for you if they're wrong.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

In Wisconsin the penalty is as follows:
    Violations of such restrictions may also constitute a Class B forfeiture under Wis. Stat. 943.13(1m)(b).
    Wisconsin Legislature: 943.13
    Note: the laws states may not shall.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    Upon seeing the sign, did you leave or did you stay?
    Original poster stated he seen the sign as he was leaving...........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Original poster stated he seen the sign as he was leaving...........
    Sorry about that, I've been celebrating this evening and completely missed that.

I was going to see somebody in a hospital down here,drove past the entry doors looking for a legal 30.06 sign that prevented legal carry,nothing showing,I parked and as I entered the outer doors on the inner doors in plain sight was a legal 30.06 sign,turned around and locked my gun up,it kinda peed me off since I wasted the time it took to retrace my steps
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links