My Up Coming Purchase

My Up Coming Purchase

This is a discussion on My Up Coming Purchase within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hope this hasn't been asked one million times already. I am looking for a new carry pistol. I want it to be a composite sub-compact ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My Up Coming Purchase

My Up Coming Purchase

Hope this hasn't been asked one million times already.

I am looking for a new carry pistol. I want it to be a composite sub-compact .40 s&w, I am considering the M&P40, Glock G27, and XD-40 Sub Compact.

Which would you all recommend and why? ...and yes, I will go to my local gun shop and see which one feels good in my hand and try to rent and fire all three before I make my decision.

Are there any common issues with any of these models? I am looking for reliability as my NUMBER ONE selling point.

Thank You...

SpringfieldSubCompact.jpg

Glock27.jpg

109253_01_md.jpg

I've had all 3 brands and IMO the stock trigger on the xd is better than the others. The Glock is probably lighter. The S&W's never lit my fire, either. I'd go with the S'field. I've had 7 of them and all were rock solid and very accurate and I think that was due to the trigger breaking quite smoothly.

All 3 are going to be reliable, it just comes down to how it feels for you and what you like better
    ironmike86 likes this.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ElGallo View Post
    Hope this hasn't been asked one million times already.
    It probably has, but it's always fun to give my opinion.

I just picked up a new Glock 27 a few days ago. The 40 caliber round is one of, if not my favorite ammunition. I've always wanted a Glock and the 27 fit my needs for concealed carry. As far as reliability as your number one selling point? I think you will find that owning a Glock handgun.

Good luck with your purchase! Buying anything new is always fun.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Re: My Up Coming Purchase

I used to have an XD, but I didn't like the high bore axis, so I sold it in favor of the Glock.

I really like the Glocks and M&P pistols, I have one of each.

The Glocks are great and have the best availability of accessories.

The M&P can be had with the Apex DCAEK for about the same price as a Glock.

For me, I won't by another XD because I find the others easier to shoot.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    ironmike86 likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

All three are good, solid, reliable pistols. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to shoot all of them, and then you will know which one feels the best when actually it, you shoot the best with.

I carry a Glock 27 daily and I love it. All 3 of your choices are good IMO tho. Just see which one fits you best.

I think all will be very reliable, it just comes down to which one fits you best.

Contrary to popular belief, I find the stock M&P trigger to be just fine. Mine was gritty at first, but after a day of working it while I sat in front of the TV (unloaded of course) it smoothed right out. Makes me wonder if the people complaining about it being horrid actually use their M&P...

In the field of these three, I'd go with the Glock simply because there are more accessories for it, and it's quite easy to convert to 357 sig and 9 mm from the Glock. Having said that, I'd also take a good look at the Kahr. You may find what you are looking for.
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

VIP Member
    I can't speak for the other two choices, but I do have a G27. If you decide on the G27 consider buying this small accessory from G A P H O M E. It makes a huge difference in the grip without any significant addition to the gun.

When you try them out, note whether any of the G27 mags have that little floorplate, if they don't, the grip may not impress you, but remember you can make a marked improvement with that small accessory on your on G27.

I'm not sure if a similar product is available on the other two? Good luck.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

GH
    You have good taste in handguns. I'd take any one of those in a heartbeat although the only one I have a passing familiarity is Glock but that was the G23. Since you're thinking of an M&P40, a full size gun, you could also consider the Glock 23, slightly smaller than the M&P or the M&P40C, slightly smaller than the G23.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

My Up Coming Purchase

I have a Glock 19 & am planning on buying either a Glock 26 or 27. Live in CA so it will be a Gen3. The 26 has the advantage of being 9mm so don't need 2 types of ammo. The 27 40cal looks interesting to me though. What are others experiences that they can share for helping me with my decision?

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    You have good taste in handguns. I'd take any one of those in a heartbeat although the only one I have a passing familiarity is Glock but that was the G23. Since you're thinking of an M&P40, a full size gun, you could also consider the Glock 23, slightly smaller than the M&P or the M&P40C, slightly smaller than the G23.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices.
    Whether it was intentional or not, the photo of the M&P is the compact, which would be my choice.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I would go with glock because every time you pick it up it goes bang
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    I would go with glock because every time you pick it up it goes bang
    Really? I only want my guns to go bang when I pull the trigger.

Sorry but couldn't pass on your post.
    GH likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links