Happy anniversary to Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law !

This is a discussion on Happy anniversary to Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law ! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Happy one year anniversary to Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law ! One year ago right now my application was in a mailbox at the downtown Milwaukee ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Yetiman

Thread: Happy anniversary to Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law !

Happy anniversary to Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law !

Happy one year anniversary to Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law ! One year ago right now my application was in a mailbox at the downtown Milwaukee Post Office, and I was two weeks away from receiving my license (52XX) in the mail.

What a long trip it was !
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Re: Happy anniversary to Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law !

Any idea what we are up to now? I would be curious to see if there was a drastic increase in permits issued after the Sikh temple and Azana spa shootings. I'm number 127,3XX issued 9/2912.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Happy... Birthday? Anniversary? Heck if I know.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The last reported permit number was 136,82x

That puts WI at about 2.4% of total populace holding a permit, or 3.3% of age eligibles. Right about at the national average.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    All in one year, I suspect the number will continue to grow significantly. Good for WI!
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

GH
    I heard that the total was lower than hoped for but right about what was expected.

Has anyone noticed that the cost of handguns has been creeping up? An acquaintance of mine said he bought a gun about 6 months ago, I think it's a Taurus snubby revolver but not sure & he commented on how high the price has gone in that short of time at the same store. I wonder what the cause of that is? Maybe it was just the store where he bought it. He claims he didn't buy the gun during a sale. I'm too poor to price guns at this time.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I seem to remember everyone saying how great it would be if we hit 100k in the first year, and the nay sayers estamating it wouldn't even hit 60K as interest won't be that great after the hard core people get theirs in the first few months.

I guess there was a little more interest than expected...

The last numbers I saw reported from people getting licenses in hand last week was high 136K, but on the news today they are quoting VanHollen saying about 138,500.
    NRA Life Member

I'd like to see the numbers of violent crimes and if/by how much they went down. Most states they go down immediately after CC becomes legal.

Links