Wedding Carry

This is a discussion on Wedding Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It sounds to me like you need a better carry gun (like a G26, G19 or something of similar size) and a better holster (like ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Wedding Carry

VIP Member
    It sounds to me like you need a better carry gun (like a G26, G19 or something of similar size) and a better holster (like a super tuck).

2. Remove Ads

9mm would be my carry. What do you shoot the best? Shot placement stops bad guys.

I DJ and I do weddings every weekend. Just finished one actually. My 442 is in my pocket now. It is plenty for the wedding and based on your potential need to remove the jacket I would keep the Kimber in the car and jframe in pocket. I set up and teardown my system with it in my pocket and its no bother so it should serve you well.

Stay safe, let us know how it goes.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Yeah got to agree the J frame should handle the trip to the car.

I may or may not have pocket carried a J frame at my own wedding. My bride was found with a hideout gun at the reception.

Attachment 64071
    Hopefully the garter toss was uneventful!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Hopefully the garter toss was uneventful!
    LOL yes she was disarmed before the toss.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

PM
    The .38 on the leg and the .380 in the pocket; should give you enought to "get out of Dodge."

Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
    The .38 on the leg and the .380 in the pocket; should give you enought to "get out of Dodge."
    Exactly how I carried. No one was the wiser, we ended up getting lucky with the parking and were right at the door step. We also left 9:30ish because we were beat. (and had not kids at home)

Jim

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    decisions, decisions...

When I go to Weddings and may possibly have to remove my jacket, I use a Tuck-Able Holster for my LCR357. I then drop a NAA 22Mag in the pocket. If it is in a questionable neighborhood I forget the NAA 22Mag and put my 442 in my back pocket. Two five shooters with Speed Strips for Reloads, works for me.

.... a .380 LCP in the pocket. With a couple of mags should be more than enough.

The "Achilles heel", I see is the street parking at the wedding venue & I hope you aren't expecting a gang to attack you between the time you get out of your car and enter the venue?

It only takes a couple of bullets to go from "Hello" to "Oh Crap".

Seeing as many violinists I know also play viola, my suggestions is a pump shotgun in a viola case ;)
    In all seriousness however, I'm quite familiar with this type of situation as I know many classical musicians. I'd say go with the LCP or PPK. I read once in an account by a woman who lived somewhere in Europe during WWII if memory serves "always carry a reload, but if you need to reload, you need to be leaving, NOW!" or something to that effect. So barring a full blown reenactment of the west Hollywood shootout with the loacal creepy crawlies I think whatever you can most reasonably conceal will work, with more "heat" in the car if you feel the need.

Ghillie, seriously, that's hilarious (and not bad advice!). And you can add one more to your list of violinists who also play viola. But, please, please, please don't tell anyone. Once word gets out that you play the viola...

I also agree, LCP, LC9, PPK, etc sound like good options with the tactical approach you suggest. :)

Cheers,

Gav

Ex Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Bring them all.
    +1! It'd be interesting to see you play your violin with all that.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links