Wedding Carry

This is a discussion on Wedding Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You can't really park too close to the doors at kleinhans but there's usually not too much riff raff at the hall from my experiences...born ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Wedding Carry

You can't really park too close to the doors at kleinhans but there's usually not too much riff raff at the hall from my experiences...born and raised in buffalo... I would take the J frame in the pocket or ankle... Stash the Kimber in the lock box in the car and call it a night.
    Semper Fi

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ghillie View Post
    Seeing as many violinists I know also play viola, my suggestions is a pump shotgun in a viola case ;)
    In all seriousness however, I'm quite familiar with this type of situation as I know many classical musicians. I'd say go with the LCP or PPK. I read once in an account by a woman who lived somewhere in Europe during WWII if memory serves "always carry a reload, but if you need to reload, you need to be leaving, NOW!" or something to that effect. So barring a full blown reenactment of the west Hollywood shootout with the loacal creepy crawlies I think whatever you can most reasonably conceal will work, with more "heat" in the car if you feel the need.
    Too funny. I'm working on an old violin case right now that holds my .30 Carbine folder. Calling it my "back up fiddle". A shot gun in a viola case would be an improvement! (sorry, musical humor)
    DSCN0607_2.jpgDSCN0607_2.jpg

Nice to hear about another musician carrying on the gig. I play bass in a 9 people wedding band. We've probably done 35 or 40 weddings this year and I always carry on stage through the performance. Most times it's a p238 w/ holster in the inner breast pocket of my tux. Sometimes it's a g26 in a galco classic light shoulder rig.

This Thursday we play a corporate thing at the house of blues, so no tux. The .45 will be coming along iwb.
    SA MC Operator
    Kimber Ultra CDP II
    G26
    Sig P238

I played in a Quartet with 3 other guys that were all carrying and I didn't know it. When my wife found out in conversation with them later, she nick named us the "Heavily Armed Quartet". I think back to the wedding I played with them knowing what I know now and realized we had a 1911, Glock 40, .38spl. and my Walther PPK between us. And $50 grand worth of instruments. One of my buddies that plays in a 70's Disco band got his carry concealed a few years ago and packs all the time. He used to think I was crazy for carrying. Now he's a believer. Couple trips to the gun range convinced him.
    Jim

I like the spare violin idea! Lol. But these ideas seem to be headed towards a new type of shotgun wedding!

Went to a wedding last weekend. Reception in not so safe part of town. Had my PF9 in my tux pants pocket the whole time. Just felt safer.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by ghillie View Post
    ...seem to be headed towards a new type of shotgun wedding!
    Funny, I thought of the good ol' fashioned kinda' Shotgun Wedding when I first read the Thread Title. I reckon' I shoulda' knowed we t'wernt in Kaintuck na' more when that thar' city feller first went ta' callin' a fiddle...a violin.
    ghillie likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Shotgun wedding...he he

Now that I have the Glock 27, I'm going to have to figure out how to add it to the tux. May be a reason to keep the LCP and Walther after all...
    JIm

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Reminds me of the newlywed couple who on their honeymoon decided to go on an old fashioned horse and buggy ride. about 100 yards from leaving the barn the horse just stopped and would go no more. The man got out of the buggy and went to talk to the horse after a few words he slapped the horse up side the face and screamed "THAT'S ONE".
    The man got back into the buggy and the horse trotted along. The new wife was taken back a bit but said nothing.

about 300 yards later the horse stopped again and would not move. the man got out again and spoke to the horse and beat his legs with the buggy whip and screamed "THAT'S TWO". He returned to the buggy and the horse trotted along again. The new bride was getting very upset at this point but again said nothing.

After a mile the horse stopped again and would not move. The man jumped out of the buggy screamed "THAT'S THREE" , pulled a handgun and shot the horse.

The new bride was crying and screaming about what a cruel man she married, how she must have made a terrible mistake, how could he do such a thing.

The man screamed "SHUT UP WOMAN..THAT'S ONE".
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

RPG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links