Wa State CCP map - Page 3

Wa State CCP map

This is a discussion on Wa State CCP map within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by sniper58 Count me in! I'm in the Kirkland area and the sheep on this side of the pond are almost as blissfully ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Wa State CCP map

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    Count me in! I'm in the Kirkland area and the sheep on this side of the pond are almost as blissfully ignorant as they are in Seattle (almost, but not quite). To quote Clint Eastwood, "they all walk around with that 'just pumped the neighbor's cat look on their faces'." You can spot the sheep from across the parking lot....
    Hi,

I guess I may start an official thread. We can then figure out where a good meeting spot would be and go from there. I would love to see some of the long time DC members from out of state as well.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Re: Wa State CCP map

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    How about open carry?

Now, are you from around here and had to move for a job, or are you just a "migrant" of sorts, moving around the country following employment opportunities (and there's nothing wrong with that, of course)? Us Northwest natives get a little provincial from time to time. The biggest gun control advocates in Washington come from somewhere else, or from Seattle with an education and degree from somewhere else. There must be something going on there, eh?
    I've never been totally comfortable with oc. I like the idea but I'm not sure it would work for me.

I grew up in wa. Moved to co for a job, which is also a great state. I lived briefly in Idaho a long time ago, also a great place to live.

My degree is from Eastern.

Do I qualify as a native even though I migrated?

From the article:

"Despite a higher than normal number of random gun crimes in Seattle this year, computer data shows residents remain uninterested in arming themselves."

Less guns ===> more crime.
    BigStick likes this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Wa State CCP map

Not surprised to see my zip code is one of the lowest areas. I'm surrounded by ultra- Libs here!

In reference to:Yes indeed WA is a weird mix of people. It's basically two liberal cities and everyone else. Sometimes it amazes me how good our gun rights are in this state. Heck we just passed law last year to legally own and shoot suppressors. I am thinking about organizing a local DC meet and greet some time if I can get enough interest. Are you sure about the legalization of supressor use and ownership only being passed last year? I could have sworn they were legal for att least several if not like 10 years. I have been thinking about one for a while It's not that bad $200 for the tax stamp and about $600 to $900 for a quality "can". I heard a supressed Uzi on a tv show today and it was amazingly quiet. Living here in Washington The shall issue clause has good and bad sides. Most know the good, but the bad is that overworked LEO's and federal peeps sometimes let undesirables get permits. I personally know of at least one person with a record of domestic violence that has a permit. I think it is actually too easy to obtain a carry permit in our fair state. I would be all for mandatory gun safety and proficency testing, meaning like 40 hrs. of education and range sessions with a live fire "Final Exam". Itg would be a simple pass or try again to win your ability to carrry concealed. Speaking of open carry which is legal in WA. I have seen severa people carrying, including a guy with a Beretta in a Tactical Drop Shank? thigh holster in the local grocery store. Even though it is legal It puts my spidey senses in orange mode. Concealed carry is just that concealed. It does not alarm people who are around you if you do it right.

Can you carry while smoking pot?? Didn't WA just legalize recreational pot?

How about if someone does a map like this for New York City?

Quote Originally Posted by Akachibisaru View Post
    Are you sure about the legalization of suppressor use and ownership only being passed last year? I could have sworn they were legal for at least several if not like 10 years.
    i used to work in a Lynnwood gun store, and my understanding is that prior to this latest legislation, it was legal to OWN a suppressor, but NOT legal to FIRE a gun with suppressor attached.

yes, i know, really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    One can't blame it all on an influx of Californians. Sure, Washington has been "Californicated," but we've also greeted people from:
    New Yawk
    New Joisey
    Taxachusetts
    and some places in between that have grown generations of people who think guns are the province of police and perps, and that honest citizens should need licenses and registration cards.

I talk to people from all over the place who seem stunned we don't need an 'FOID" card to own a gun, or permission from the government to buy a gun.

Washington is a great place, but too many people have moved here and decided they wanted to change it to be just like where they came from.

i moved here from California (Berkeley, no less) in 1996 partly to be able to carry a concealed handgun! i would hope that there are others like me, who moved here BECAUSE it offered what our former state didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    I looked it up - there are only about 50k convicted felons (without voting rights) in WA - so it wouldn't affect the statistics much.

Those numbers I mentioned before I got off a government population statistics website....so it really is about 1 in 10. But then if you figure women are less likely to get a CPL, and elderly people are less likely to get a CPL....all of the sudden it changes the dynamic quite a bit. But those are just assumptions!

Austin
    dear aus71383: thanks for doing the work in both this post, and your earlier one in this thread, which refined the original statistics. i appreciate your more realistic figures.
    aus71383 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links