Voting records on conceal carry reciprocity

This is a discussion on Voting records on conceal carry reciprocity within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The governors association could serve as a forum for hammering out a the details to allow reciprocity w/o the fed stepping in. Didn't think about ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Voting records on conceal carry reciprocity

The governors association could serve as a forum for hammering out a the details to allow reciprocity w/o the fed stepping in. Didn't think about a takeover by the fed. Texas has reciprocity with states that have similar certification requirements to ours.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Rather than a Federal law dictating the whats, whys and hows of firearm licensing, what is really needed is a 50-state agreement, similar to the Interstate Driver License Compact. The individual states retain their own regulations for issuance and penalties for violations, but the permit or license is recognized in all 50 states. Putting the Feds in charge of it is putting all the eggs in one questionably-managed basket... next thing you know, we'd have a "CCW Czar" that's a political appointee running the show.

Of course, one could argue against a need for licensing at all, but given that CCWs exist in most states, I think the "compact" approach has a lot of merit.
    Thing is, the 50 states can pretty well agree what driver's qualifications are. In terms of gun rights, the 50 states span the spectrum. Agreement by the states will not happen.
    DaGunny likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Thing is, the 50 states can pretty well agree what driver's qualifications are. In terms of gun rights, the 50 states span the spectrum. Agreement by the states will not happen.
    I'm sure you're right. But I'm the eternal optimist, and I firmly believe one's reach should always exceed one's grasp.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links