Kings Dominion [VA]

This is a discussion on Kings Dominion [VA] within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone carried or attempted to carry at Kings Dominion theme park? I haven't been able to find any information on their website...and I am ...

Thread: Kings Dominion [VA]

Kings Dominion [VA]

Has anyone carried or attempted to carry at Kings Dominion theme park? I haven't been able to find any information on their website...and I am certainly not going to look for "permission" if I choose to carry...just looking for some situational awareness

2. Remove Ads

I carried in Kings Dominion before about 2 years ago. Don't waste your money there though. The only good thing about KD is the rides. Other than that, that place is freaking dirty. Trash everywhere, while standing in the long lines you don't have nice scenery to look at but theres trash on the ground you can kick around. The so called restaurants in the park are dirty and greasy. Go to BG instead the HowloScream is "very" scary this year.
    Last edited by jowgafist; October 5th, 2006 at 08:47 AM.

Metal detectors at KD

Last time I took the kids to KD they had metal detectors. One trip I had to leave a pocket knife with a blade less than 1 1/2 inches at their security office! (I think that one was the smallest Victorinox (Swiss Army) made.)

I agree that the food service wasn't good and the park could certainly be cleaner. They don't try to hide the working side of things from public view the way Disney does.

Rick
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

Don't waste your time and money! If you do decide to go, I would ONLY go armed.... I live about 5 miles away and believe me, there is always scanner action...
    Last edited by RjVA; October 5th, 2006 at 11:16 AM.
    "Sic Semper Tyrannis"

+1 for Busch Gardens

I agree with Jowgafist. Busch is much nicer and the rides are just as good. I don't recall seeing metal detectors, but I haven't been there in about a year. They do check bags and large purses at the gate (for explosives, I guess).
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    The last time I was at KD they had metal dectectors there. That was many years ago and they may have gotten rid of them, but I doubt it. Considering that the crime gangs from Richmond have been migrating to KD do yourself a favor and choose another park. Busch Gardens in Williamsburg is good. They do check bags but no metal detectors. If caught carrying there you will be asked to leave. I was there in July and did not carry and had no problems from anyone. Their park is cleaner to. Take plenty of cash, food there is expensive. If you have kids they will love the animal shows and the Clidesdales. Go to BG and have a great time.

Thank you all...please keep the comments coming...

Our trip was already scheduled as part of a church group--tickets already paid for...

I'll report back what I see and advise the rest of the group

I went to KD with some friends while I was back in VA over the summer. I was not expecting the metal detectors (yes, they are still there) so I carried everything I normally do.

I had to go back to the car to unload when I found out about the metal detectors. I left my carry gun, spare mag, Spyderco, and OC in the car but forgot about the Swiss Army knife in a cargo pocket--they made me check it and pick it up later.

At least they let me keep my Surefire Z2 on me--I was prepared to use that as an impact weapon if necessary. That is my usual plan on airlines anyhow.

Links