What places are you allowed to carry in, but don't?

This is a discussion on What places are you allowed to carry in, but don't? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Very good points. I am happy to note that I am not the only armed preacher out there. I look forward to some of the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What places are you allowed to carry in, but don't?

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Very good points.

I am happy to note that I am not the only armed preacher out there.
    I look forward to some of the discussions we can get into!!

God Bless Y'all!!

Bryan

2. Remove Ads

The only places I can think of would be the bank and the airport. In my state they aren\'t prohibited, but I am sure everyone could see a potential problem if I printed in either of those places. I just leave it in the car.

DC Founder
    I showed my wife this thread and she was encouraged that religious leaders are becoming \"enlightened\". She immediately started asking if any of you guys had churches near us ;)

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Good to hear bumper.

Unfortunately you are about 800 miles from me and a little to old to be in the youth group.

Bravo3
    Pistol packing preachers among us? I LOVE it! :kay:

Revlar, I must say your post is one of the best and most intelligent posts I have read in recent memory. Your point of view is refreshing to say the least. I wish you were my pastor.

Doctor's office. I carry everywhere else, reguardless of the signs. I don't run into signs often where I live. But I conceal well and I do not notice anyone looking funny at me. In MO, if they ask me to leave, I will and that will be the end of it. If I refuse the police can be called. You would really have to be a nut case to get into that kind of trouble.

Just wanted to say "Thank You" for all the good comments in respect to CCW and the church.

My sentiments run with the idea of being prepared, . . . and I certainly will be carrying when I go out with the youth group on an outing where we could become opportunity for the bg's. At present, we are just getting started, not even a "legal" church entity yet, . . . but all things in due time.

May God bless,
    Dwight

DNM
    Originally posted by nemesis
    Every flock needs a shepherd and every shepherd has a sheep dog but this dog has .45 caliber teeth.
    I like that analogy.:kay:

I think its really cool that we got some preachers here that carry, its two things i don't ordinarily put together.

Hello

For those of you who carry in church, is it legal in your state? Here in GA it is not, and I really don't understand that. Would you if it were not legal?

DC Founder
    If it were not legal, I wouldn't. If you were a minister could you allow it in your own church if you wanted, or does the State law say that you CANNOT period?
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye680
    Hello

For those of you who carry in church, is it legal in your state? Here in GA it is not, and I really don't understand that. Would you if it were not legal?
    On the exceedingly rare occasion I set foot in a church, a gun comes with me. Or two. I'm aware of church robberies and that the bad guys know that the collection plate is ripe for the taking.

I figure that if god, gods, or whatever's out there has a problem with me carrying, my door is open for discussion. Since he's never told me no... ;)

Seriously, I'm specifically in a state because of the carry laws among other gun laws - I can lug it everywhere but the courthouse, jail, or k-12 school. k-12 school I can get an exemption for most of the time from sympathetic administrators - do you want me to leave an unattended weapon in my trunk and handle it on school grounds? Sometimes being a 4H instructor helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    If it were not legal, I wouldn't. If you were a minister could you allow it in your own church if you wanted, or does the State law say that you CANNOT period?
    Yes, thats what I get from it Bumper. Here it is:

16-11-127.
    (a) Except as provided in Code Section 16-11-127.1, a person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he or she carries to or while at a public gathering any explosive compound, firearm, or knife designed for the purpose of offense and defense.
    (b) For the purpose of this Code section, 'public gathering' shall include, but shall not be limited to, athletic or sporting events, churches or church functions, political rallies or functions, publicly owned or operated buildings, or establishments at which alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises. Nothing in this Code section shall otherwise prohibit the carrying of a firearm in any other public place by a person licensed or permitted to carry such firearm by this part.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstir
    Doctor's office.
    Same here. With those humiliating gowns they give you, you can't conceal ANYTHING!

I haven't been to a gym in a while (usually work out at home), but I probably wouldn't carry there, either.

SSKC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links