What places are you allowed to carry in, but don't?

This is a discussion on What places are you allowed to carry in, but don't? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I gave my Sig to the old lady (has a carry permit) to put in her purse when I went in the emergency room for ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What places are you allowed to carry in, but don't?

I gave my Sig to the old lady (has a carry permit) to put in her purse when I went in the emergency room for kidney stones a couple years back. The doctor, being a native Idaho guy, didn't bat an eye at the empty holster on the belt.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I carry 16/7 and in all places legally able. Here, Court Houses and schools are the no-no's ...... otherwise I have the piece on board regardless .... much of that time is in my office here, behind this infernal puter ... but I still keep it on.

I have also, inadvertently - carried a time or two where afterwards I have realized I was pulling a ''naughty''.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Red face

Being in a rush, I've forgotten a couple times that I'd stuck my gun in my briefcase and gone on in to my office, at work. That is a company no-no policy. Each time, I went back to the truck to secure it there. However, what this does is point out that I put myself in a position where I don't know "at all times" where my weapon is. That, to me, is a bigger "no-no". .....guilty!

To answer your question Bumper - here in Missouri the law states;
    RSMo 571.030. 1. A person commits the crime of unlawful use of weapons if he or she knowingly: (8) Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any church or place where people have assembled for worship...
    4. Subdivisions (1), (8), and (10) of subsection 1 of this section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to section 571.094 or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another state or political subdivision of another state.
    RSMo 571.094. 20. No driver's license or nondriver's license containing a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to this section or a concealed carry endorsement or permit issued by another state or political subdivision of another state shall authorize a person to carry concealed firearms into: (14) Any church or other place of religious worship without the consent of the minister or person or persons representing the religious organization that exercises control over the place of worship.

Carrying in church is not a crime in Missouri if you have a License to Carry. If a licensed individual is found to be carrying and is asked to leave the premises and refuses to leave and a law enforcement officer must be called the individual could be charged with trespassing.
    Even this portion of the law would not apply if you had received permission from the pastor or a representative of the church or denomination to carry there.

Needless to say - as pastor I have given myself permission. After the events in Wisconsin today I have reaffirmed that permission.
    If you want to make God laugh - tell Him your plans. Yiddish proverb

Going to Church in Michigan

In Michigan I quote:

"Any property or facility owned or operated by a church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship, unless the presiding official allows concealed weapons."

Now the question would be who is considered the presiding official, the pastor or the head deacon?

But at least there is a possibility to do so.

Eric

Red face

After reading last 2 posts, I looked thru my Texas CH laws and could not find any reference to "religious" buildings/events, but boy they are clear about "schools and school-sponsored events"....big no-no here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links